Certain Forms are not Opening Unless Legacy Form is Turned On RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After upgrading from CRM 2013, then to 2015 and 2016 (on-prem), we have some forms that don't open, unless Legacy Form option is set to Yes. When the Legacy Form option is enabled, we can open the form just fine even though performance hurts. Otherwise, an error message would pop up and we're stuck under the 'Loading Business Logic' stage.

I removed all javascript functions, iFrame, etc. from the Form but still no luck... any help is appreciated.

This is the generic error message that pops up whenever we try to open the form:

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #27E3151ADetail: 
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #27E3151A</Message>
      <Timestamp>2016-09-19T20:59:55.1744662Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault>
        <ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode>
        <ErrorDetails xmlns:d3p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
        <Message>System.NullReferenceException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #D552C9F4</Message>
        <Timestamp>2016-09-19T20:59:55.1744662Z</Timestamp>
        <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
        <TraceText i:nil="true" />
      </InnerFault>
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>

• Edited by triangular Monday, September 19, 2016 9:12 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2016 9:09 PM

Answers

• Thanks Hari and Sam for the reply. I tried creating a new form by doing Save As to the problematic form under a different name, then deactivated the old one. However the new form is still having problem. Unfortunately in this case I had to re-create the form from scratch. Not sure why it is only that one Account form that is having the issue even though without customization.

Thanks.

-tri

• Marked as answer by triangular Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:04 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:04 PM

All replies

• If the form is still not opening up after removing all the javascripts, Iframes, Webresources from form , then i would suggest to create a new form and set that as default and try to open that form.

If still error persists then Time to raise a support ticket to MS

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:56 AM
  • If removing scripts didn`t help. Try creating a new form by doing Save As to the existing form and give another name to the new form.

Note: Do deactivate the form which is causing you issue.

HTH.

Thanks!
    Sam

Inogic | Blog | news@inogic.com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:44 PM
  • Thanks Hari and Sam for the reply. I tried creating a new form by doing Save As to the problematic form under a different name, then deactivated the old one. However the new form is still having problem. Unfortunately in this case I had to re-create the form from scratch. Not sure why it is only that one Account form that is having the issue even though without customization.

Thanks.

-tri

• Marked as answer by triangular Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:04 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:04 PM
  • Good it solved by recreating, if the issue persist for diferent entity i would suggest a Support ticket to Microsoft

If my response answered your question, please "mark the response as an answer" and also "vote as helpful". Regards, Hari. www.crm2011byhari.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:59 AM