Data Migration Manager error installing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to install Data Migration Manager on a client pc. Downloaded the DMM from microsoft, right clicked and "run as administrator".

I'm getting this error: "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager was not found on the system".

Any suggestion on what could cause this. Rollup issue? I know that the rollup on the server is RU7. Tough, i'm not 100% sure that they've also installed DMM RU7. Could this cause this error? In that case, how could I see what RU is installed for DMM?

Other suggestion on what could cause this? Does anyone have a checklist for me?

I'll be happy for any input.

Thanks
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 9:44 AM

Answers

• First check log to find more information:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs

and probably you have this information:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager is either not installed, is installed for a different user, or this patch is not compatible with the version that is installed.  Reasons for incompatibility include mismatched language or platform (32-bit versus 64-bit).

If you have UR7 you will need to download also DMClient from UR8

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 10:25 AM

All replies

• First check log to find more information:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs

and probably you have this information:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager is either not installed, is installed for a different user, or this patch is not compatible with the version that is installed.  Reasons for incompatibility include mismatched language or platform (32-bit versus 64-bit).

If you have UR7 you will need to download also DMClient from UR8

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 10:25 AM
  • Hi,

To make sure. If i have RU7 on the server, I will need to install DMClient for RU8?

What kind of client will the DMM have to be installed on? Normal client that has administrative rights on CRM?

Thanks,
    Carl
    Monday, March 8, 2010 7:46 AM