Cisco Call Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone get communicator to work with a Cisco phone system yet?
    Friday, April 6, 2007 5:47 PM

Answers

• I would have to quote Brian Ricks from another post:

Ohhh...the ultimate hardware questions! From a known to work standpoint, various vendors have been validated and/or expressed interest in supporting the hardware. 

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/uc/partners.mspx

I would say test and test some more. The key requirement is the hardware must support SIP over TCP, so your box may work. Again, support from Microsoft only comes after extensive testing; so just becuse it is not offically supported does not mean that it will not work.

Brian Ricks, MCSE, MVP

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:42 AM

All replies

• I would have to quote Brian Ricks from another post:

Ohhh...the ultimate hardware questions! From a known to work standpoint, various vendors have been validated and/or expressed interest in supporting the hardware. 

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/presskits/uc/partners.mspx

I would say test and test some more. The key requirement is the hardware must support SIP over TCP, so your box may work. Again, support from Microsoft only comes after extensive testing; so just becuse it is not offically supported does not mean that it will not work.

Brian Ricks, MCSE, MVP

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:42 AM
  • I wouldnt even know where to start though, Im not a voice guy I just know how to follow directions.
    Friday, April 13, 2007 5:18 PM
  • I use CCME version 4.0 on a 2811 router running 12.4(4)XC5.
    Friday, April 20, 2007 6:16 PM
  • The issue is OCS uses a lot of Proprietary SIP messaging between the Front End servers and 2007 Communicator..To say nothing of the TLS...  Unless MS does a lot of work on the client it will never reg up to a CallManager...
    Sunday, April 22, 2007 9:40 PM
  • Well that sucks.  Why wouldn't MS build some sort of functionality & interoperability with one of the leading providers Voip phones?  I guess we will have to wait and see.
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:39 PM