CRM with WAN accelerator software RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I would like to know about WAN accelerator software implementation with MSCRM 4.0. It would be great to know anything regarding this. Any information related to this will be helpful.

It would be great to have data related to improvement after implementation of WX software.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Ashish Basran

Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:22 AM

All replies

• Ashish,

I have seen you post this question in several different forums.  I'm not aware of anything published specifically about using WAN accelerator software, but there are several steps that are well documented that you can do to increase your performance probably more than WAN Accelerator software.  Most performance lags in CRM come not from WAN latency, but from bottlenecks on the server or database..

1.  Separate server roles--this can be very helpful in cases where you have large numbers of system jobs or many users.  For example, you can dedicate a server for just the asynchronous processing service or the web services and take a load off of the crm server.  Also, network load balancing is supported.  Note that CRM 4.0 Enterprise is required.  See the implementation guide for more details.

2.  Database tuning--if your database grows very big or you have large numbers of users, it is supported and recommended to tune the database and add custom indexes as needed.  A good DBA can assist you with monitoring actual system usage and adding indexes where they will provide the maximum benefit.  You really need to have CRM deployed in the real world and monitor actual usage before you can accurately determine where additional indexes make the most sense.  Other things like configuring the max degrees of parallelism so a complex SQL job doesn't take up all of the resources on the SQL server.

I strongly recommend that you read the crm 4.0 performance and scalability white papers  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5852B14A-394C-4898-8374-CAF5E6479EB0&displaylang=en
    This includes real world metrics from large implementations of Microsoft CRM.

Sunday, December 21, 2008 12:10 AM
  •  

Hello Joel,

Thanks for the information. The white papers are useful.

I am specifically looking for information/data related to WX implementation.

Best regards,

Ashish Basran

Monday, December 22, 2008 6:13 AM