Money 2005..archived data recovery RRS feed

• Question

• Some time ago I was running short on disc space so I archived approx 5 years of Money data....with a new laptop I would now like to recover that data....I am having trouble finding it....what extention would the archived file have and am I able to restore the archived data and include it with data generated since the archive?

Regards

Paul

Brisbane, Australia.

Paul F Greig
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 11:09 AM

Answers

• By default it would be called Archive.mny and by default it would have been created in the same folder as your active money file.
    Re-importing might be less simple. I guess you could export the content of the Archive to a QIF file, then re-open the current file (better still a copy of the current file) and import the QIF?
    Frankly I would leave them separate.

<Swaggie> wrote in message news:71c7fb14-88d8-4bf7-9ddd-d5b2d6290c78@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Some time ago I was running short on disc space so I archived approx 5 years of Money data....with a new laptop I would now like to recover that data....I am having trouble finding it....what extention would the archived file have and am I able to restore the archived data and include it with data generated since the archive?

Regards

Paul

Brisbane, Australia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul F Greig

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Posted via the Communities Bridge
    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 12:57 PM

All replies

• By default it would be called Archive.mny and by default it would have been created in the same folder as your active money file.
    Re-importing might be less simple. I guess you could export the content of the Archive to a QIF file, then re-open the current file (better still a copy of the current file) and import the QIF?
    Frankly I would leave them separate.

<Swaggie> wrote in message news:71c7fb14-88d8-4bf7-9ddd-d5b2d6290c78@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Some time ago I was running short on disc space so I archived approx 5 years of Money data....with a new laptop I would now like to recover that data....I am having trouble finding it....what extention would the archived file have and am I able to restore the archived data and include it with data generated since the archive?

Regards

Paul

Brisbane, Australia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul F Greig

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Posted via the Communities Bridge
    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 12:57 PM
  • Thank you Graham, I guess there is really no need for me to re-import the data...I will be happy just to view it on occasion for reference purposes...regards.

Paul

Paul F Greig
    Monday, December 13, 2010 6:27 AM