Server Validation - Warning [0X43FC200C] Not all checks were successful RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All - Here is a partial snap shot of my Front-end server (Standard Edition) Deployment logs screen, please advise what am I missing to get away with these warnings?

Backend: (local)\rtc

Diagnose Server       Warning
    [0x43FC200C] Not all checks were successful
    Parsing supplied arguments   Check Configuration: True
    Check Connectivity: True
      Success
    Check Configuration       Warning
    Check Global Configuration       Warning
    Check Global Configuration       Warning
    Checking domains supported for enterprise user login       Success
    WMI Class MSFT_SIPDomainData   WMI Class Path: \\SAKH-WIN2003\root\cimv2:MSFT_SIPDomainData
    WMI Instance Path: \\SAKH-WIN2003\root\cimv2:MSFT_SIPDomainData.InstanceID="{39EA4A57-915D-7648-8608-CB3633EBA048}"
    Address (String): xxxx.xxxx.com
    Authoritative (Boolean): False
    DefaultDomain (Boolean): True
    InstanceID (String): {39EA4A57-915D-7648-8608-CB3633EBA048}
      Success
    Check Global Federation Setting  

No WMI Instance Returned By Query : select * from MSFT_SIPEdgeProxySetting
    No WMI Instance Returned By Query : select * from MSFT_SIPTrustedMRASServer
    Federation: Disabled

Check Global Phone Usages    Warning: One or more phone usages are not assigned to any route or VOIP policy
      Warning
      Warning

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 6:03 PM

Answers

• I noticed on the "Deploy Standard Edition Server" page although I'm able to get to "Validate Server Functionality" step yet I can still see the "Run Again" buttons visiable under "Configure Server" & "Configure Certificate" steps while it has a tick mark saying "Complete". Does it really confirms that those steps are completed succesfully or I need to run them again if the "Run again" button is not greyed-out implying there are some issues that needs to be fixed (I hope that's not the case though).

Secondly, I'll appreciate if someone can inform me following;

1- What IP address/Domain should I enter under Federation default route ?  should it be the SIP trunk's IP in my cluster,  or the OCS server IP or the AD/DNS IP?

2- What default outgoing route for Federation I should use? Is it different than Federation Default route?

I'm getting failure messages as under;

- Federation Default route: Invalid
    - Default outgoing route for Federation: None Available

Please respond comprehensively.

Thanks

Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:33 AM

All replies

• Saeed,

Have you configured an edge server? Federation settings can be set at forest level in the OCS management console (global properties) and can be used for external log on/ federation with other companies.

If you have not configured these settings those checks will fail.

/Thomas

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:52 PM
  • Thomas - No, I don't have Edge server installed yet, is this a  Must thing in order to have Front-end successfully installed? I guess it is not, but please confirm.  Also, while at "Configure the server" step, I did not configure it for external user so do I really need to set Federation up when I don't allow external users? Btw...if I set the federationusing Global profile settings, it asks for a Director or Edge server's FQDN. Since I don't have Edge server installed what FQDN should I enter there?

Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

~Saeed

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:14 PM
  • I noticed on the "Deploy Standard Edition Server" page although I'm able to get to "Validate Server Functionality" step yet I can still see the "Run Again" buttons visiable under "Configure Server" & "Configure Certificate" steps while it has a tick mark saying "Complete". Does it really confirms that those steps are completed succesfully or I need to run them again if the "Run again" button is not greyed-out implying there are some issues that needs to be fixed (I hope that's not the case though).

Secondly, I'll appreciate if someone can inform me following;

1- What IP address/Domain should I enter under Federation default route ?  should it be the SIP trunk's IP in my cluster,  or the OCS server IP or the AD/DNS IP?

2- What default outgoing route for Federation I should use? Is it different than Federation Default route?

Please respond comprehensively.

Thanks

Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:33 AM
  • Deploying Edge Server is not a must if you only would like to use OCS functionalities on PC's that are registred in your internal domain.

If you would like to deploy an edge server: install this on a separate machine. The best is to apply the default ports suggested from the installation.

Edge can be reached using an internal name and a external name. This means that you have two network interfaces on your edge server machine: one interface to listen for connections from your internal domain (from the OCS machine)and the other interface to listen to connection from the internet.

The external name should be reachable from the internet. Use this external name during the installation. The internal name is important for use in your OCS settings. 

I would advice you to make screendumps of your edge serve installation or write down the port numbers and the names used.

To check the port numbers that are used by the edge server you can run the following command from the command prompt on the edge server:

netstat -an

A list should appear with the IP addresses and used port numbers.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:40 AM
  • Thanks, Thomas.

I'll appeciate some help on my following questions too (as mentioned in my previous post);

Thanks

Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:24 PM
  • I think the answers are:

1. This should be your Edge Server's internal FQDN.

2. You do not need to set this I believe, if you have configured the federation defualt route.

Thursday, August 2, 2007 5:28 AM