Sync Framework Project RRS feed

• Question

• I am designing a utility in .NET that will facilitate the one way export of data from Product A to Product B.

The two databases are structurally different but the data that is intended to exported is similar. I plan on massaging the data in Product A with SP's and Views to prepare the data to be exported.

Would the Sync Framework for ADO.NET be appropriate for this project? Or should I use another method?

Ryan
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 7:37 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 4:39 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Ryan,

by stating "two databases are structurally different", how different are they between the two DBs you want to sync ?

if there are only different tables, or tables have different columns, or others like different triggers, indexes, SPs etc ?

the sync services is designed with flexibility in mind and some of the DB schema different can be allowed if users' application take care of them. we can discuss this once we got the details from you.

thanks

Yunwen

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:45 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

The tables are different but I was thinking about handling the differences with Views. The columns are different but the data that both applications collect is very similar.

SP's would handle the data logic, like converting data types ect. Would this be appropriate to use in conjuction with the Sync Framework?
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:08 PM