Permission problem with WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to gie limited rights to remote user when they login to my server.
    For example, I want to give user "Joe" to have rights to ONLY his folder. If I remove ALL the rights from that user and give him only his folder rights, when he logs in, he can see two tabs, the HOME tab and the SHARED FOLDERS tab.
    Is there a way to have ONLY the SHARED FOLDERS tab show up?

Thanks
    Monday, August 24, 2009 1:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    Thanks for the quick responce. Yes, it is a pre-built server from HP. The home tab has ALL the links to my personal music and photos and even if i give rights to "joe" only shared folder, "joe" is still able to click on the home tap and use the links to get to the music and photo folders...

Thanks

Oh ok.  I built my own server so I don't see those links.  Since it's something that HP added, you should contact them for assistance.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Monday, August 24, 2009 4:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by RobZog Monday, August 24, 2009 2:12 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2009 4:20 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I am trying to gie limited rights to remote user when they login to my server.
    For example, I want to give user "Joe" to have rights to ONLY his folder. If I remove ALL the rights from that user and give him only his folder rights, when he logs in, he can see two tabs, the HOME tab and the SHARED FOLDERS tab.
    Is there a way to have ONLY the SHARED FOLDERS tab show up?

Thanks

No (at least not within the MS WHS installation).  However, when using a the MS OEM DVD to install, there is nothing there anyway (except for the links to the Computers and Shared Folders).  Do you have a pre-built server from HP or Acer?  Is there somethiing in the Home tab that you can select?
    Monday, August 24, 2009 2:43 AM
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the quick responce. Yes, it is a pre-built server from HP. The home tab has ALL the links to my personal music and photos and even if i give rights to "joe" only shared folder, "joe" is still able to click on the home tap and use the links to get to the music and photo folders...

Thanks
    Monday, August 24, 2009 3:52 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks

Oh ok.  I built my own server so I don't see those links.  Since it's something that HP added, you should contact them for assistance.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Monday, August 24, 2009 4:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by RobZog Monday, August 24, 2009 2:12 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2009 4:20 AM
  • Thanks... will do.

Regards,
    Monday, August 24, 2009 2:13 PM