Is there something wrong with DLNA ability on WHS with Power Pack 1 beta installed? RRS feed

• Question

• Installed the Power Pack last night and today I tried to stream music once again to my Denon AVR-3808CI home theater receiver and it isn't even seeing the WHS on the network.

I don't think it is the receiver since I can still listen to Internet radio broadcasts just fine.

It isn't a sharing violation since I can listen to the music from two other XP boxes on my home network from the WHS.

Did an IP release/renew to no avail.

Guess I could do a restore operation and see if it comes back.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:18 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the response. Well, go figure this...it is working again right now. Don't understand why it wouldn't detect the WHS until after I pushed a different set of buttons to "force" it to look for net devices again. The receiver is being somewhat flaky though so I don't think it is WHS related. I have a Promise NS4300 NAS box and it would detect it once and then not detect it a few minutes later if I powered it off/on again as well. So it must be the receiver and not WHS. Issue resolved as far as I am concerned......at least here. I should ping on Denon to fix this flaky expensive unit.

Friday, June 13, 2008 12:08 AM

All replies

• Your receiver has to support Windows Media Connect to be able stream from Windows Home Server.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:49 AM
  • Had the same issues.  I couldn't ever reliably determine whether it was the server or Denon receiver.  Make sure your receiver has the lastest firmware under Manual Setup/Option Setup/Firmware Update.  Denon releases new firmware once a month or so.  I eventually converted to Twonky server software for most streaming.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:22 PM
  • Thanks for the response. Well, go figure this...it is working again right now. Don't understand why it wouldn't detect the WHS until after I pushed a different set of buttons to "force" it to look for net devices again. The receiver is being somewhat flaky though so I don't think it is WHS related. I have a Promise NS4300 NAS box and it would detect it once and then not detect it a few minutes later if I powered it off/on again as well. So it must be the receiver and not WHS. Issue resolved as far as I am concerned......at least here. I should ping on Denon to fix this flaky expensive unit.

Friday, June 13, 2008 12:08 AM