Mapped network Drives (again) RRS feed

• General discussion

• I know this has been raised before, but would just like to register my interest in having mapped network drives synced through live mesh.

I have a music studio at work synced with my home studio using mesh on each central PC. I'd rather not have mesh on my main PC but would like to sync with certain folders on it through the network - thus mapped drive support would be tres handy :)

I'd also like the ability to sync much larger data centres without going through the live desktop - i.e. data only exists on synced machines or drives. This would enable me to track minor changes in my libraries, the total size of which can run into hundreds of Gb.

Thanks
    • Edited by jrigby Friday, October 10, 2008 9:33 PM
    Friday, October 10, 2008 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for voicing your vote for this feature.  We've received lots and lots of suggestions from the community so far (and hope to receive many more!), and the best way for the Live Mesh team to know what our customers want us to prioritize is just like this: you to tell us. :)

Ben.
    Friday, October 10, 2008 10:10 PM
  • Yeah, Being able to sync to Network storage would be a huge bonus.

I've currently got a CCTV System set up, and want to sync the data to the NAS as a backup and a means of accessing it via any computer.

At the moment, I'm having to use Acronis :(

Jase
    Sunday, October 12, 2008 9:52 AM