add-ins tab completely blank RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
       I have been messing around with learning the ins and outs of WHS and I recently caused my system to stop booting properly.  No big deal, cause I did not have anything back up on the server.  However, I performed a re installation of the home server software (as opposed to a new installation) and now my add-ins tab under the console setting page is completely blank even though I still have files in the add-ins folder from before I did the reinstallation.  I have tried deleting the add-ins and recopying them to the folder but still nothing is showing up in the available add-ins tab.  even if I install the add-ins by clicking on the.msi file directly they don't even show up under the installed add-ins tab.  I think it may be a problem of of folder permissions somewhere but I am not sure where to start.  Any ideas?

thanks,
    David

Saturday, April 18, 2009 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hello,
       I have been messing around with learning the ins and outs of WHS and I recently caused my system to stop booting properly.  No big deal, cause I did not have anything back up on the server.  However, I performed a re installation of the home server software (as opposed to a new installation) and now my add-ins tab under the console setting page is completely blank even though I still have files in the add-ins folder from before I did the reinstallation.  I have tried deleting the add-ins and recopying them to the folder but still nothing is showing up in the available add-ins tab.  even if I install the add-ins by clicking on the.msi file directly they don't even show up under the installed add-ins tab.  I think it may be a problem of of folder permissions somewhere but I am not sure where to start.  Any ideas?

thanks,
    David

Is the path to the add-ins folder \\[servername]\Software\Add-Ins?  If not, that's your problem.  If so, my suggestion would be to do another Server Reinstallation, keep checking for critical updates through the Console (until it reports there are no new updates), then try it again (do not log into the server desktop or make any changes until you can confirm that the add-ins show up).
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 2:40 PM