none
VS Test and Feedback ext for Chrome. Can I use this tool to test desktop apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So I have been looking at this extension and I love how it works for exploratory testing of websites. I was trying to see if I can use this with desktop apps but so far I can only record video with it. When I try to capture a screen shot or create a test case, the extension only records what is in the browser (which makes sense to me) and not what is displayed to the screen. I normally would not post this but I noticed that if I record a video, I can record what is displayed on the screen. Is there a way that I can use this so I can at least take screen shots of what is displayed on the screen instead of what is displayed in the browser?

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Thanks for your posting.

>>Is there a way that I can use this so I can at least take screen shots of what is displayed on the screen instead of what is displayed in the browser?

No, it seems not. From its page below, it clearly stated that it supports browsers other than desktop apps

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms.vss-exploratorytesting-web

I recommend you ask them in the Q&A section if they have any plan to support desktop apps in the future.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Have a nice day:)

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:40 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Friday, November 17, 2017 3:22 PM
    Wednesday, November 15, 2017 8:40 AM
  • Dear friend,

Please let us know if my reply could help.

Have a good day:)

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Monday, November 20, 2017 8:21 AM
    Monday, November 20, 2017 8:21 AM