locked
Field Security preventing script from running RRS feed

  • Question

  • We are creating an approval process.  The user creates a record and submits the request by clicking on submit (2 option set).  This sets all fields on the entity to disabled. When the approver reviews the request, they then click on an Option set (with field level security) to mark Incomplete, Approved, Approved with Changes or Denied.  When the approver clicks on Incomplete, we want to change the Submitted (2 option set) back to Not Submitted. 

    The problem is as soon as we add the code to set the field value to Not Submitted, nothing works because of the field security.  We want the field security, but it prevents the process from working. 

    Any suggestions are appreciated.


    Ken Compter

    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 6:52 PM

Answers

  • Ken

    Please check if the approving user has view/update permissions on all the fields used in your script. IF the user has the required privileges then try clearing the cache and check again.

    HTH


    If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

    • Marked as answer by kcompter Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:14 PM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:15 PM

All replies

  • Ken

    Please check if the approving user has view/update permissions on all the fields used in your script. IF the user has the required privileges then try clearing the cache and check again.

    HTH


    If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

    • Marked as answer by kcompter Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:14 PM
    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:15 PM
  • If you want to change a secured field programmatically where the user does not have access you won't be able to use JavaScript.

    Instead you can use a plugin, and run it under SYSTEM context.


    If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

    Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 8:59 PM
  • I checked and the authorizer had to be reset since I had taken the field security off then turned back on.  So that was not the cause, but would have been if we can gone live.  What ultimately worked was to change the submit back to Not Submitted, so the code ran, but since was not Submitted, the form opened in default mode which was enabled.

    Thanks for taking the time to help!


    Ken Compter

    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:13 PM
  • good information, thank you!

    Ken Compter

    Tuesday, September 3, 2013 9:14 PM