none
Forums don't work with IE 9 RRS feed

• Question

• I find it interesting that when I log in to technet forums with IE9 I can't see "My Threads" or any of that which I could always see before. I have to log in with Mozilla Firefox to use it.

How ironic!

• Moved by Mike Kinsman Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:08 PM Forums issue (From:TechNet Website Feedback)
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:48 AM

Answers

• IE 9

Can see them here.

And I sometime can not see them in Firefox.  The few times it has happened, refreshing the page brought back the missing elements.  This has only been happening to me since the forum software's rendering of pages slowed down dramatically (especially for threads with lots of posts), so my guess is that the problems are related.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:58 PM

All replies

• with IE9 I can't see "My Threads"

This more correctly could have been forwarded to an IE forum.   The usual first question would be:  what happens if you use IE in No Add-ons mode?

---

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:54 PM
  • IE 9

Can see them here.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:06 PM
  • IE 9

Can see them here.

And I sometime can not see them in Firefox.  The few times it has happened, refreshing the page brought back the missing elements.  This has only been happening to me since the forum software's rendering of pages slowed down dramatically (especially for threads with lots of posts), so my guess is that the problems are related.
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:58 PM
  • when I log in to technet forums with IE9 I can't see "My Threads"

FWIW I am now using IE10 (on W8 DP) with this thread open in Fullscreen mode on a widescreen monitor and have seen what you might be observing:  the right-sidebar is being rendered at the bottom of the page on the left.    However, I only saw that in one thread which had some obvious HTML problems in one of its posts.  

Please post a sample URL if you need more help.

Robert
    ---

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:04 AM
  • I think "with IE9" should be omitted in the title.

Renee

"MODERN PROGRAMMING is deficient in elementary ways BECAUSE of problems INTRODUCED by MODERN PROGRAMMING." Me
    Friday, January 20, 2012 6:30 PM
  • IE 9

Can see them here.

I also can see them fine. So it's something more specific. Hmmm, are you using a laptop?

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 5:15 PM
    Owner
  • IE 9

Can see them here.

I also can see them fine. So it's something more specific. Hmmm, are you using a laptop?

Thanks!

Ed Price a.k.a User Ed, Microsoft Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

I rolled back to IE8 because so many other things would not work in IE9.

I'm seeing everything fine.

No laptop - quad core w/ 16gb ram on Ultimate x64 workstation.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:20 PM