Effect of Exceeding Live Mesh Data Storage Quota RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to have now filled my quota for Live Mesh but the effect is a bit chilling....it seems that random Mesh folders seem to have stopped synchronizing without giving me any notification or warning....

I only noticed this by seeing quite a few Live Mesh Placeholder files starting to appear in various folders and also noticing that files that were updated on one PC did not seem to be replicated to any other devices

What happens when you exceed your Live Mesh Quota (5120MB) ? Do you get any form of warning? Does it fail gracefully by advising you what files do and don't get updated

Is there a way for me to connect my 5GB of Mesh with my 25GB SkyDrive??

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 5:53 AM

Answers

• When your quota is exceeded, files will only sync Peer to Peer and no longer with the Live Desktop.
    There is no way to gain additional storage.
    You may want to reduce your Live Desktop usage by specifying which folders you wish to Sync P2P only and which should also sync with the Live Desktop to avoid the randomness of the overflow beyond the fixed limits.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 15, 2010 5:44 PM

All replies

• Well - I have not seen this but I do watch the limit closely and do not exceed it..

That said there is a major rumor that Skydrive will get linked to Mesh and mesh will be renamed in the pretty near future..

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:04 AM
  • When your quota is exceeded, files will only sync Peer to Peer and no longer with the Live Desktop.
    There is no way to gain additional storage.
    You may want to reduce your Live Desktop usage by specifying which folders you wish to Sync P2P only and which should also sync with the Live Desktop to avoid the randomness of the overflow beyond the fixed limits.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 15, 2010 5:44 PM