Mystery Money Crash RRS feed

• Question

• I recently began having problem with MS Money crashing whenever I put in a new payee. I would tab over to the amount and I would get a error message involving utlsrf07.dll.

If I put in an existing name I was allowed to fill in the rest of the fields. I could then go back and edit the name correctly.

I have uninstalled Money 07 and then reinstalled it a couple of time, but the problem won't go away. I'm running XP.

I've checked the MS Knowledge bass but that dll doesn't seem to exist. When I Binged it, I got nothing but ads for "fix" programs.

Anyone have a suggestion?

I have searched my "C" drive and that .dll doesn't come up.  It is on the install CD, but I wouldn't know where to put it if I wanted to do it manually.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:47 AM

All replies

• Try looking at these two threads :

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/money/thread/ca2c6a66-c16a-4ef4-9c76-a8d73438a172

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/money/thread/636e154a-9693-48a0-ab38-65627d192f6a

They both relate to problems with Money crashing when adding a new payee or using OFX downloads.

The underlying problem in the Money code was further complicated by an update in the batch of December Patch Tuesday

updates (KB2758857) which caused the error to (re)surface.

• Edited by AshleyST Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:42 PM
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:41 PM
  • ddyszel,

You'll find that file in the same mnycorefiles folder that is discussed in the threads Ashley mentions.  The equivalent file for Money Plus and Sunset is called utlsrf08.dll

The problem sounds as if it is related to the bug discussed in those threads, but that dll file is for Version 17, and you are using Version 16, so either update to Sunset and the patched dll file, or keep the one XP update off of your PC.

• Edited by ameridan Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:28 PM
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:26 PM
  • ddyszel,

You'll find that file in the same mnycorefiles folder that is discussed in the threads Ashley mentions.  The equivalent file for Money Plus and Sunset is called utlsrf08.dll

The problem sounds as if it is related to the bug discussed in those threads, but that dll file is for Version 17, and you are using Version 16, so either update to Sunset and the patched dll file, or keep the one XP update off of your PC.

Money Plus sunset has both a  9,529,200 byte mnyob99.dll and it has 61,296 byte utlsrf08.dll

I don't know what would happen if somebody put the patched mnyob99.dll into a Money 2007 installation.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:12 PM