renewal RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a copy of onecare (1year subsciption) when I bought my computer after 3 months it now says I need to renew.  I can't reload the disc because the store I purchased from loaded the program in for me and I don't know the Live ID they used.  Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?  Also, I am not very computer literate!  Can you help??

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 11:05 PM

Answers

• valferg,

You will need to contact the store to get the LiveID used (and password) in order to renew. Alternatively, keep your eyes open for a sale on OneCare and buy a new retail CD. Uninstall OneCare from your PC when it expires, then install the new copy and activate with *your* LiveID and the product key from the retail package.

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:59 AM

All replies

• I purchased the Windows Live Oencare about 6 moths ago online and the version is expired already.

Please help me to reinstall the software without paying again since I paid for one year subscription already.

Your help will be very much apreciated

Sincerly,

Rene Levesque

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 12:45 AM
  • valferg,

You will need to contact the store to get the LiveID used (and password) in order to renew. Alternatively, keep your eyes open for a sale on OneCare and buy a new retail CD. Uninstall OneCare from your PC when it expires, then install the new copy and activate with *your* LiveID and the product key from the retail package.

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:59 AM
  •  renemonavie wrote:

I purchased the Windows Live Oencare about 6 moths ago online and the version is expired already.

Please help me to reinstall the software without paying again since I paid for one year subscription already.

Your help will be very much apreciated

Sincerly,

Rene Levesque

Rene, check your PC date and time. If that is correct, and you were just updated to version 2.0, you were hit with a bug that will require you to reinstall OneCare and activate with the same LiveID for your active subscription. If neither is the case, and you have an active subscription per http://billing.microsoft.com, then please contact OneCare support for help.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2 If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 3:01 AM