OCS Protocol Stack when tried to start OCS frontend services Event ID = 14517 RRS feed

• Question

• The OSC Frontend service won't start. Please see system evntlog message as below:

The server configuration validation mechanism detected some serious problems.

2 errors and 0 warnings were detected.

ERRORS:

Two server roles at FQDN [talkeasy.netsrv.co.uk] have different 'Treat As Authenticated' options. First server has GUID {06AD3001-6D43-5EC1-AC5A-2C1035B4F5E7} and role 'Edge Server' (option is not set). Second server has GUID {D763EADC-23F4-284C-9EC6-59ED0C2026B4} and role 'Enterprise Edition' (option is set).

Two server roles at FQDN [talkeasy.netsrv.co.uk] have different server version numbers. First server has GUID {06AD3001-6D43-5EC1-AC5A-2C1035B4F5E7} and role 'Edge Server' (version 0). Second server has GUID {D763EADC-23F4-284C-9EC6-59ED0C2026B4} and role 'Enterprise Edition' (version 3).

WARNINGS:

No warnings

Cause: The configuration is invalid and the server might not behave as expected.

Resolution:

Review and correct the errors listed above. You also wish to review any warnings present.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Please any idea will be much grateful

Monday, May 28, 2007 1:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you please check if the following setting contains an entry for your own pool name:

OCS MMC | right click the forest node and open "Global Properties" | open "Edge Servers" tab | Check the "Access Edge and Web Conferencing Edge Servers" list -> Remove your own pool FQDN from this list.

If that does not help, I would like to request some logging files from your environment. Where could I send you a mail?

Thanks

Bernd

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:03 AM
  •  

Hello Bernd,

I did as you instructed and I can be able to start the Front End service.

The Host Authorization was empty. I remove its own pool from the "Edge Servers" | "A/V Edge Servers. I think the installation configure its own pool by default. I'll follow the documentation to configure properly.

Thanks,

Femi.

Hi Femi,

Thanks for sending the data. It took some time to convert the files, because you missed to include the text files. Sorry for the delay.

You have a problem with the "Host Authorization" tab:

KnownServerData::AreTrustOptionsCompatible:666.idx(345))Server

[talkeasy.netsrv.co.uk] trust options

[0x00000001(true),0x00000000(false),0x00000000(false),0] are incompatible with logical peer options [0x00000001(true),0x00000001(true),0x00000000(false),3]

Open OCS MMC -> expand the "Forest" -> expand "Enterprise Pools" -> expand your pool -> choose "Front Ends" -> right click "Properties" -> Check the "Host Authorization" tab

Remove all references to your own pool in this tab.

Up to now, I saw this problem when there were references configured to the own pool under:

- "Global Properties" | "Edge Servers" | "Access Edge and Web Conferencing Edge Servers"

- "Global Properties" | "Edge Servers" | "A/V Edge Servers"

- "Front End Properties" | "Host Authorization"

Please double check all of them. Does your Front End service start?

Thanks

Bernd

Hi Femi,

For further troubleshooting the startup problem in your beta test environment, I would need the following:

- Debug logging output from a failed service start

- Open OCS MMC

- Select your Enterprise Pool and right click on it

- Select "New Debug Session"

- In the OCS 2007 Logging Tool, select:

- "LcsServer" and enable "All Flags"

- "LcsWMI" and enable "All Flags"

- "SIPStack" and enable "All Flags"

- "MCUFactory" and enable "All Flags"

- "MCUInfra" and enable "All Flags"

- Click on "Start Logging"

- Try to start the Front End Services

- Click on "Stop Logging"

- Select "View Log Files" (keep everything on the list enabled)

- Select "View" and a number of text files will open in Notepad

- Please provide the files from c:\windows\tracing

- The OCS Eventlogs and the System Eventlogs

Please zip the files and send them to me, in case the size is below 8MB. If the size exceeds 8MB, please drop me a note and I will send you a link to an upload location.

Thanks

Bernd

Friday, June 1, 2007 2:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please check if the following setting contains an entry for your own pool name:

OCS MMC | right click the forest node and open "Global Properties" | open "Edge Servers" tab | Check the "Access Edge and Web Conferencing Edge Servers" list -> Remove your own pool FQDN from this list.

If that does not help, I would like to request some logging files from your environment. Where could I send you a mail?

Thanks

Bernd

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:03 AM
  • Hi Bernd,

I've tried what you suggest, but still the same. My email address is ogundeo@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Femi.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:41 PM
  • Hi Bernd,

I am having the same problem and have tried what you suggested...I posted a couple times in another thread (Front-End service terminated (won't start)), but I haven't gotten any responses or suggestions as to how I should proceed in troubleshooting these errors.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:28 PM
  • @anonymous: Please open a new thread and provide a mail address we could contact you.

Thanks

Bernd

Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:57 AM
  •  

Hello Bernd,

I did as you instructed and I can be able to start the Front End service.

The Host Authorization was empty. I remove its own pool from the "Edge Servers" | "A/V Edge Servers. I think the installation configure its own pool by default. I'll follow the documentation to configure properly.

Thanks,

Femi.

Hi Femi,

Thanks for sending the data. It took some time to convert the files, because you missed to include the text files. Sorry for the delay.

You have a problem with the "Host Authorization" tab:

KnownServerData::AreTrustOptionsCompatible:666.idx(345))Server

[talkeasy.netsrv.co.uk] trust options

[0x00000001(true),0x00000000(false),0x00000000(false),0] are incompatible with logical peer options [0x00000001(true),0x00000001(true),0x00000000(false),3]

Open OCS MMC -> expand the "Forest" -> expand "Enterprise Pools" -> expand your pool -> choose "Front Ends" -> right click "Properties" -> Check the "Host Authorization" tab

Remove all references to your own pool in this tab.

Up to now, I saw this problem when there were references configured to the own pool under:

- "Global Properties" | "Edge Servers" | "Access Edge and Web Conferencing Edge Servers"

- "Global Properties" | "Edge Servers" | "A/V Edge Servers"

- "Front End Properties" | "Host Authorization"

Please double check all of them. Does your Front End service start?

Thanks

Bernd

Hi Femi,

For further troubleshooting the startup problem in your beta test environment, I would need the following:

- Debug logging output from a failed service start

- Open OCS MMC

- Select your Enterprise Pool and right click on it

- Select "New Debug Session"

- In the OCS 2007 Logging Tool, select:

- "LcsServer" and enable "All Flags"

- "LcsWMI" and enable "All Flags"

- "SIPStack" and enable "All Flags"

- "MCUFactory" and enable "All Flags"

- "MCUInfra" and enable "All Flags"

- Click on "Start Logging"

- Try to start the Front End Services

- Click on "Stop Logging"

- Select "View Log Files" (keep everything on the list enabled)

- Select "View" and a number of text files will open in Notepad

- Please provide the files from c:\windows\tracing

- The OCS Eventlogs and the System Eventlogs

Please zip the files and send them to me, in case the size is below 8MB. If the size exceeds 8MB, please drop me a note and I will send you a link to an upload location.

Thanks

Bernd

Friday, June 1, 2007 2:27 PM
  • Hi Bernd,

please can you help with my installation problems ? I have installed OCS2007 on a W2k3 Server with latest updates. It is Standard Server Installation in our Domain ( only one site) .

So, my FrontEnd Services will not starting too !

I have found several Event ID´s :

14517                 OCS Protocol Stack

Der Überprüfungsmechanismus für die Serverkonfiguration hat ernsthafte Probleme erkannt.

2 Fehler und 0 Warnungen wurden gefunden.

FEHLER:

Zwei Serverrollen mit dem FQDN [communsrv.untersee.local] weisen unterschiedliche Optionen "Als authentifiziert behandeln" auf. Der erste Server weist die GUID {F9D26165-981A-4624-8C62-B3A930E36976} und die Rolle "Konferenzserver" (Option ist festgelegt) auf. Der zweite Server weist die GUID {5301B02C-38A5-5D15-948F-4B88DE56E132} und die Rolle "Edgeserver" (Option ist nicht festgelegt) auf.

Zwei Serverrollen mit dem FQDN [communsrv.untersee.local] weisen unterschiedliche Serverversionsnummern auf. Der erste Server weist die GUID {F9D26165-981A-4624-8C62-B3A930E36976} und die Rolle "Konferenzserver" (Version 3) auf. Der zweite Server weist die GUID {5301B02C-38A5-5D15-948F-4B88DE56E132} und die Rolle "Edgeserver" (Version 0) auf.

WARNUNGEN:

Keine Warnungen

Ursache: Die Konfiguration ist ungültig, und der Server verhält sich möglicherweise nicht erwartungsgemäß.

Lösung:

Überprüfen und korrigieren Sie die oben aufgeführten Fehler, und starten Sie anschließend den Dienst neu. Außerdem sollten Sie alle vorhandenen Warnungen überprüfen.

14497                 OCS Protocol Stack

Beim Starten wurde mindestens ein Konfigurationsfehler entdeckt, der nicht behoben werden kann.

Ursache: Es liegen ernsthafte Probleme mit der Serverkonfiguration vor, die das Starten verhindern.

Lösung:

Überprüfen Sie die letzten Ereignisprotokolleinträge, um Fehler zu ermitteln. Ändern Sie die Serverkonfiguration nach Bedarf. Wenn die Probleme weiterhin auftreten, wenden Sie sich an den Produktsupport.

14352                 OCS Protocol Stack

Stapel kann nicht gestartet werden.

Fehler: 0x0xC3E93C47 (SIPPROXY_E_BAD_SERVER_CONFIGURATION).

12326                 OCS Protocol Stack

Der Protokollstapel kann nicht gestartet werden. Der Dienst muss beendet werden.

Fehlercode: 0xC3E93C47 (SIPPROXY_E_BAD_SERVER_CONFIGURATION).

Ursache: Die Ursache des Fehlers entnehmen Sie den vorangehenden Einträgen im Ereignisprotokoll.

Lösung:

Überprüfen Sie die letzten Ereignisprotokolleinträge, beheben Sie die möglicherweise aufgelisteten Fehler, und starten Sie dann den Server neu.

Do you have any idea whats going wrong ?

Thanx for help. Greets Veit

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:35 AM
  • Hi Bernd,

It was nice and simple solution.

Thank you very much

Balaji

Sunday, October 5, 2008 3:06 PM
  •  

Hello there,

I'm having the same problem, please if you can help me i'll really appreciate it. My email is elliotnehme@gmail.com

Thank you very much.

Elliot Antoine Nehme

Monday, October 6, 2008 10:39 AM