Deleting emails waiting to be sent in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the outlook crm 4.0 client.  I get a message that emails are waiting to be sent.  However, when I enable the allow Dynamics CRM to send emails using Outlook only one email from 2 months ago was sent.

Questions:

1. How can I delete old email?

2. What am I doing wrong that only one email was sent?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:50 PM

Answers

•  

If you get a message that emails are waiting to be sent then this means that on your user record in CRM the send outgoing email using the Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook is selected.

If you send emails using the CRM application then they will get sent when the CRM Client for Outlook runs (when you run Outlook) but only id the option to allow Dynamics CRM to send emails is ticked.  Any emails that you compose using the Outlook e-mail form and track in CRM will get sent straightaway regardless of whether the option is ticked.

If only one email was sent then you probably only had one email sent from within the CRM web application. Have a look at Workplace | Activities and filter on e-mails and look at the various views available.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:34 AM

All replies

•  

If you get a message that emails are waiting to be sent then this means that on your user record in CRM the send outgoing email using the Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook is selected.

If you send emails using the CRM application then they will get sent when the CRM Client for Outlook runs (when you run Outlook) but only id the option to allow Dynamics CRM to send emails is ticked.  Any emails that you compose using the Outlook e-mail form and track in CRM will get sent straightaway regardless of whether the option is ticked.

If only one email was sent then you probably only had one email sent from within the CRM web application. Have a look at Workplace | Activities and filter on e-mails and look at the various views available.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:34 AM
  • Hi Raj,

Check your workflows. It might be on of them who points to a person for which the e-mail address is wrong.
    If you find the workflow, open it, and click work processes (in the left menu). Delete the waiting jobs.
    Henrik Jensen Instructor / Consultant MCP, MCAD, MCSD, MCTS, MCPD, MCITP, MBSS, MBSP, MCT www.crmblog.dk (Danish only)
    Monday, February 8, 2010 12:44 PM