no sound device is found

Question

• after installing an update from microsoft, my computer says that no audio device is found (i have mi audio device plugged in )

i cannot open volume control and my media players will not play

does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Friday, April 13, 2007 2:08 AM

Answers

•  

If the above posts does not work

(reinstalling audio drivers and system restore),

you can try to:

1) Click Start then go to Run

2) Type in Services.msc then press ok or hit enter on KB

3) Look for Windows Audio and select it

-(should be at the bottom of the list)

4) Then Start the service by clicking on Start

-(located at the pane on the left)

Try to play a music file - you should have audio now.

Hope this helps

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 6:58 AM
  • hey this was quoted from 'zephoid b'

go to add/remove programs, check updates at the top, and uninstall the one u just installed. that should fix the problem if it was related to the update

if that didnt work, you can try a system restore (which i did so it works =] )

Go to my computer, right click properties. on the system restore tab..check that the 'turn off system restore on all drives' is UNCHECKED. click ok and close my computer.go to ur start menu, programs, accessories>system tools and system restore..then just simply follow the instructions and find the date before you downloaded the update...or before your computer stuffed...

hope it helped =\

Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:06 AM
  • I had problems with my computer speakers as well. After the Microsoft update for NVIDIA nForce Audio, my computer didn't make any sounds. When I tried to access volume controls and Windows Media Player, it said that there was no mixing device installed on this computer. This is how I ended up fixing the problem:

1) Goto Device Manager

2) Double click Sound, video and game controllers

3)  Right-click NVIDIA nForce Audio Codec Interface (or your audio device)

4) Click properties under the right-click menu

5) A window appears, under device status check to see if a driver is installed for that device.

6) If yes, then try another audio device feature that runs with your audio device(i.e. NVIDIA nForce MCP Audio Processing Unit)

7) If there isn't a driver installed, then click Driver Rollback.

8) Your device should work properly from there. (mine did)

I hope this helps. By the way, I'm using an eMachines desktop computer, with default system speakers.

Monday, May 28, 2007 11:59 PM
  •  

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but the steps I took were:

I went to "start" and clicked on that - then I clicked on "All Programs" - click on "System Recovery" - click on "Application & Driver Recovery".  Then I looked for something that had audio driver listed in it.  Mine happened to be "Sigmatel Audio Driver 9200 v5.10.5082.0".  I clicked on that, then I clicked on install.  I am now getting sound with no problems.  I can play my music and here the computer tones.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:53 PM
  • Ok I found a solution to my problem. Yours may still be different though.

Since searching around here did not reveal an answer I had to Google it and dig around for awahile and came up with a soultion for me. It also may work for others.

My problem is that the Windows Audio Service was not starting. I grabbed the audiosrv.dll off of another machine that still had sound and coppied it to correct folder on the machine that the sound went dead on. Went to the Serviceses Manager and started Windows Audio. Have sound again.

For some reason my audiosrv.dll file went south after the update.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:52 AM
  • Hi

I had same problem. All MS updates buggered my sound. Easy solution found was Go to windows - start - control panel - system - hardware - device manager.

It will list a whole lot of devices. Select sound, video and game controllers. You might see a audi device with yellow caution mark, indicating device malfuntion. Select update / roll back driver. If system is old, select roll back driver. Select apply.

Worked wonders for me. Regards and hope this is useful.   - Sameer

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:56 PM

All replies

• im getting the same error, but ive had this kind of problem in the past. Microsoft does a nice job of nerfing some things in updates. go to add/remove programs, check updates at the top, and uninstall the one u just installed. that should fix the problem if it was related to the update. i turned off updates a while back cuz it was crashing Dark Messiah with the update.
    Sunday, April 15, 2007 6:51 PM
  • lol..thnx for the tip..but yeah..i did a system restore instead and then turned off the updates..ill keep yours in mind though

Monday, April 16, 2007 1:53 AM
  • i went to the add/remove programs but there was a program that needed to be left on there...my speakers are hooked up but it says there is no sound device or some other program is causing the error, but there is no other program running other then windows media, please give a better option so i can listen to my music!
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:25 PM
  • was this after an update?
    Friday, April 20, 2007 4:07 AM
  •  clee8 wrote:

after installing an update from microsoft, my computer says that no audio device is found (i have mi audio device plugged in )

Friday, April 20, 2007 10:58 PM
  • Did you receive any answers?  I have the same problem...

thanks

Sunday, April 29, 2007 8:44 AM
  • hey this was quoted from 'zephoid b'

go to add/remove programs, check updates at the top, and uninstall the one u just installed. that should fix the problem if it was related to the update

if that didnt work, you can try a system restore (which i did so it works =] )

Go to my computer, right click properties. on the system restore tab..check that the 'turn off system restore on all drives' is UNCHECKED. click ok and close my computer.go to ur start menu, programs, accessories>system tools and system restore..then just simply follow the instructions and find the date before you downloaded the update...or before your computer stuffed...

hope it helped =\

Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:06 AM
  •  clee8 wrote:

after installing an update from microsoft, my computer says that no audio device is found (i have mi audio device plugged in )

Sunday, April 29, 2007 7:51 PM
  • Hey,

I had a similar problem. All of a sudden I realised I had no more sound on my comp and had no idea how it happened. was getting desperate... finally found this page and it was my life saver! Just do a system restore to the last date that you remember having had sound. go to menu, accesssories, system tools and click on system restore. Then just follow the instructions. Ull see, its very simple! Good luck.

Sunday, April 29, 2007 7:56 PM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:54 PM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Sunday, April 29, 2007 9:56 PM
  • After i installed windows explorer 7 my sound didn't work, i checked all of the audio codecs and the pc said they were working but i had no sound, i was troubleshooting and they said open start panel click programs and accessories and then click on entertainment and click volume control, i did this and was told i had no mixer device. someone told me if i uninstall the vinyl AC'97 codec combo and then reinstall it that should work, no it didn't, when i did this my pc kept turning on and off so i had to completely reboot my pc and i still have no sound because apparently i have no mixer device, i searched for info on mixer device but didn't find anything helpful. please please please if anyone out there really knows how i can fix this problem let me know, i will be eternally grateful.
    Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:01 PM
  • Re: no sound device is found
    Monday, May 07, 2007 4:16 PM
  • I also have this problem.

After I found this forum, I tried all the guide that provided by you all, but still No Sound Device.

Can anyone please help? Thanks

Friday, May 11, 2007 9:48 AM
  •  

please tell me how to solve this problem?
    Saturday, May 12, 2007 5:38 AM
  • Stioll looking for this solution. Believe I lost my audio device through careless use of Spybot. Recovery added the files (maybe) but no luck - same error mesage.Device manager shows error with  C-Media AC97 Audio Device  quote Device cannot start Code 10 

Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:01 PM
  • I Booted my computer and my hard was empty and after i installed windows xp home,
    my sound device is not working and the sound is comming out of my cpu.
    can you help me out please.
    Monday, May 14, 2007 7:01 PM
  • My laptop crashed, I have reinstalled everything  but still being told no sound device, can thoughts or comments as how to put right,

I miss not being able to get music on my laptop

thanks

Friday, May 18, 2007 9:03 PM
  • please can u help

i re installed sp2 cd on my computer but now i dont have any sound comin out of my speakers which are installed into the moniter and  icant change volume settings because no audio device is found

please can anybody help

Monday, May 21, 2007 11:45 AM
  • Hi I would be very grateful if you can tell me if you sorted your prob out, my system crashed (whilst playing a cd - and instant messengering. I have reinstalled everything but it is still telling me no sound device - or the system is being used by another program - which it is not

any advice as to how you corrected would be gratefully received

thanks

M

Monday, May 21, 2007 2:53 PM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:24 PM
  • After reinstalling windows xp pro. my computer says that no sound device can be found and no mixer or volume control can be found. I need "HELP"
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:09 PM
  • DId u get a resolution, because my system is still totally silent- no music nothing, just a horrid bleep 

any advise gratefully received

M

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:57 PM
  • i cannot use system restore to fix this problem, is there any other way
    Friday, May 25, 2007 10:00 PM
  • uninstall your sound device in device manager and reinstall driver from manufacturer.

Also articles in knowledge base may help.

kb 888111 and kb 835221

Sunday, May 27, 2007 5:48 PM
  • I had problems with my computer speakers as well. After the Microsoft update for NVIDIA nForce Audio, my computer didn't make any sounds. When I tried to access volume controls and Windows Media Player, it said that there was no mixing device installed on this computer. This is how I ended up fixing the problem:

1) Goto Device Manager

2) Double click Sound, video and game controllers

3)  Right-click NVIDIA nForce Audio Codec Interface (or your audio device)

4) Click properties under the right-click menu

5) A window appears, under device status check to see if a driver is installed for that device.

6) If yes, then try another audio device feature that runs with your audio device(i.e. NVIDIA nForce MCP Audio Processing Unit)

7) If there isn't a driver installed, then click Driver Rollback.

8) Your device should work properly from there. (mine did)

I hope this helps. By the way, I'm using an eMachines desktop computer, with default system speakers.

Monday, May 28, 2007 11:59 PM
  •  

you can try to:

Hope this helps

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 6:58 AM
  • Thank you so much it worked, this was very helpful.
    Saturday, June 02, 2007 3:52 AM
  • I don't know what happened.  I didn't do anything like download any new devices to my computer, just one day I turned my computer on and had no sound.  Microsoft says that it is in my D:\ drive and it isn't reading any CD's or DVD's so I can't even install the Windows XP Disc to find out what is going on.  Should I call the Geek Squad or what?  Any help would be appreciated.  If you would reach me at my email address: sandgent@cablespeed.com  Thanks Gina

Sunday, September 30, 2007 9:40 PM
  • I am tired of searching for a solution, but it has been a waist of time and effort.  How can I fix this problem?

Saturday, October 13, 2007 11:21 PM
  • This is exactly what happened to me.  Did you find an answer, because I can use the help.  Thanks!

Sunday, November 04, 2007 4:07 AM
  • This is to all who are having trouble with "no audio device is found" problems.  I recently too downloaded updates from Windows, and I kept getting the same error msg. "No audio device is found".  What I found was that whatever was downloaded cost me $300.00 to have fixed. It did something to my D:\ drive.  The computer guy I use said that my D:\ went bad and the funny thing is when he installed a new one, my tower would not turn on.  So he had to take it into the shop and they fixed it by installing a different D:\ drive and brought it back and hooked it up and low and behold I had sound again.  I could use my Windows Media Player again and there was actually sound coming from my computer.  So if all of the people that get that error msg, check your D:\ drives.  See if it will play a movie for instance or a CD you know that works in other CD players.  If you don't get anything? call your computer guy.  I hope this was helpful to someone. G

Sunday, November 04, 2007 4:30 AM
  •  

Friday, November 09, 2007 7:41 PM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Friday, November 09, 2007 7:44 PM
  •  

i have no audio on my computer
    Friday, November 30, 2007 1:32 AM
  • Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:04 PM
  • Having same problem [No Device Found/No sound] after installing the following updates via Automatic Updates on December 12, 2007:

Security Update for Windows XP (KB937894)
    Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
    Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
    Cumulative Security Update for IE7 for Windows XP (KB942615)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)

No problem with sound before these updates were installed.
    I need a simple, non-geeky solution to this problem created by MS.
    Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:05 PM
  • help no sound either

Sunday, December 16, 2007 11:19 PM
  •  

I went to "start" and clicked on that - then I clicked on "All Programs" - click on "System Recovery" - click on "Application & Driver Recovery".  Then I looked for something that had audio driver listed in it.  Mine happened to be "Sigmatel Audio Driver 9200 v5.10.5082.0".  I clicked on that, then I clicked on install.  I am now getting sound with no problems.  I can play my music and here the computer tones.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 5:53 PM
  • Well reading the posts here I seen this one and that would be the same update I received then boom, NO SOUND. Tried updating the drivers.......Nope....... Swapped out sound cards..........Nope. Been through everything I could possibably think of. I am out of ideas.

Just unintalled all the updates. No sond yet. I think it has got to be in a registry key some where.
    Friday, December 21, 2007 10:13 PM
  • hi there i tryed to do what you have done iam running windows xp home and it dosnot have system recovery is there a dirffent way to do what you have done

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:21 AM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:49 PM
  • Ok I found a solution to my problem. Yours may still be different though.

Since searching around here did not reveal an answer I had to Google it and dig around for awahile and came up with a soultion for me. It also may work for others.

My problem is that the Windows Audio Service was not starting. I grabbed the audiosrv.dll off of another machine that still had sound and coppied it to correct folder on the machine that the sound went dead on. Went to the Serviceses Manager and started Windows Audio. Have sound again.

For some reason my audiosrv.dll file went south after the update.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 2:52 AM
  •  

well, there was an answer...only i didn't get replies from anyone saying it worked or whether they tried it or not so i took the answer off.

My problem is solved since i did the system restore. To the person hu said they run windows xp, i also do but im not sure about your computer and where you can find ur system restore icon thing lol.

for the audiosrv.dll file, i think you can download it from the net somewhere..im not too sure tho..plz correct me if it's not on net~ try googling it..always works for me. xD

Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:19 AM
  • oh and btw, be careful about the dll file..some maybe dll files for windows 95 or something hahaha..

i had an error saying something about mi user32.dll file or something..dont download that one but.

just a warning, altho im not too sure miself.

cheers.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:30 AM
  • My laptop crashed and i reinstalled windows xp I had no sound went to a bunch of different websites tried a bunch of different things. The PC said no audio device is found and I could not tell what it was. So finally I went to the website that made my pc I found sound drives there I had to look though alot of them but eventually I found one that worked I downloaded it and now my sound works fine... Hope this helps someone..  I could not open volume controlls or media players as well but now it all works...

Thursday, January 03, 2008 6:44 PM
  • I have checked connections, I did install a new key board and for unknown reasons my speaker/sound device is not working.

Friday, January 04, 2008 4:03 PM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Sunday, January 06, 2008 8:34 PM
  • Help I really don't know what is going on with this device

Monday, January 07, 2008 12:09 AM
  • No but if you find out please post it because I'mhaving the same trouble.

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:12 PM
  • i tried all the remodies posted.. this one was so simple and it worked straight away, no fuss no complications. you would think that someone at microsoft would have posted this for all it avid users!! Ah, but there would be no money involed in that would there!!!??

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:26 AM
  •  

Monday, January 21, 2008 1:16 AM
  • my computer is a windows xp

when i go to play a song on windows media player 9 an error message appears saying"windows media cannot play file

because there is a problem with your sound device"

i checked every thing was working and found that video controller(VGA compatible) had no drivers installed for it

and i cant reinstall the drivers as i lost the disk for it

i was wondering could i download it fronm the internet

please tell me how to solve my problem?

Monday, January 21, 2008 2:33 PM
  • after a few hours invested in checking hardware, cables, ensuring drivers were good.  I just uninstalled limewire and VOILA... music began playing within Media Player.  However, the MS Audio Driver needed to be reinstalled to complete it.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:51 AM
  • hi got same probs wondering if u got a remedy thanks

Saturday, January 26, 2008 7:46 PM
  •  

hi got same prob with no sound device can u help pleeease.
    Saturday, January 26, 2008 8:20 PM
  • Hi,

I have a problem with my computer. It cannot give me any sound whenever I play music. The message the computer gave me is "you have no sound device or it is used by other programe or it may not functioning properly. What do I do?

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:37 AM
  •  

Yes you can install the drivers and the issue seems to be with the drivers if you can provide me with manufacturer of the pc and model number I can help you find it.In case it is a custom Build computer . You need to get me the device instance ID

To get the Device Instance ID .. You need to open Device manager , right click properties and click on Details tab.

You can select in drop down for the same and give me the details from there.

You can also try to run custom update from Microsoft Update at times it helps to get the drivers.

All the best

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:02 PM
  •  

Hi, i am having the same problem... can u help me out..?

My device instance id is

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_2562&SUBSYS_25628086&REV_03\3&13C0B0C5

Will be thankfulSmile

Thursday, February 07, 2008 2:33 PM
  •  norleza wrote:

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 11:51 PM
  • the same thing has happened to me.

what can be done?

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 5:23 AM
  • I need to get the speakers working on my computer

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 3:59 PM
  • im having the same problem wit my computer what did you do to make your sound come backk
    Friday, February 22, 2008 1:24 AM
  • clee8,

I have the same problem "no sound".  Did you get an answer to this problem?  email me back. Thanks

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 2:44 PM
  • i have exactly the same problem and i caanot figure out how to get my sound working again

i have tried a couple of the things on here and they haven't worked!!! HELP

and also, why aren't the people from microsoft helping us all out with this?????????

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 7:13 PM
  •  

Hey deeiceman,

I've managed to fix this problem, there are some 'answers' on the other pages of this thread. If you have tried them and your sound still doesn't work then I'm really sorry because I can't help you any furtherer.

Deepest apologise.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 9:46 AM
  •  

Thank You rr815!!!! I tried everything, searched everywhere, and your post finally fixed my sound problem and it was so easy.

Thank you so much for posting.  

Dec 2007, 5:53 AM
    rr815

Saturday, March 08, 2008 4:25 AM
  • My C-media AC97 autio device is not working. Says no device found. how do I get it back so I can hear things through the speakers again

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:05 PM
  • Hi

I had same problem. All MS updates buggered my sound. Easy solution found was Go to windows - start - control panel - system - hardware - device manager.

It will list a whole lot of devices. Select sound, video and game controllers. You might see a audi device with yellow caution mark, indicating device malfuntion. Select update / roll back driver. If system is old, select roll back driver. Select apply.

Worked wonders for me. Regards and hope this is useful.   - Sameer

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:56 PM
  • hi. I have the same problem. did oyu get it fixed? if so. could you share with me cuz I really need my sound back on. thanks.

Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:29 PM
  •  norleza wrote:

Friday, April 04, 2008 1:41 PM
  • THANK YOU SameerGupta.

After reading and trying all the previous remedies...yours is the one that worked.  The key was when you wrote..."yellow caution mark".  It actually is a yellow question mark but there it was.  I must seen that mark a hundred times not knowing what it was.  I did what you said to do...followed the instructions...the wizard did the rest...and VIOLA...problem solved.  Thanks again.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:53 AM
  • What website did you go to I'm having the same problem???

Saturday, April 12, 2008 9:44 AM
  • Dear Bill,

did you ever get an answer to your question regarding C-media AC97? back in march or now? if so please share with me, yes very irritating problem, i too need to hear sounds through my speakers.

thank you so much for taking the time if your able to share the outcome to this problem.

tracy

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 6:35 AM
  • I need Help

Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:52 PM
  • I worked on this issue for what seemed like three hours searching everywhere on the net for advice. I finally searched intel and looked up my motherboard the first thing they suggested was to restart the computer and check to see if the audio was disabled in the bios. guess what it sure was diabled and all I had to do was enable it and my sound card installed as soon as I loaded windows. This worked for me and I am willing to bet its the major issue of this thread.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 3:49 AM
  • This problem seems to be popping up again.  I "updated" and keep losing my audio devices. The Device Manager says they are there and working properly, but the control panel - sound and audio devices - says there are none!!

I found "Toshman" 's solution from 5/28/07 and it worked:

Answer Re: no sound device is found
    Answer
    Was this post helpful ?
    Reply Quote

you can try to:

Hope this helps

Saturday, April 26, 2008 9:50 PM
  • i screwed up and deleted my sound device then in thinking i was smart and cleaning my files i have lost my sound device can anyone help me

Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:32 PM
  • no not yet but the poor person that cannot open their volume controls sounds like they may have the same problem as me ,i know how i caused it just not how to fix it

Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:36 PM
  • will that work when i was the one that actually deleted my sound device

Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:38 PM
  • we are bothy in the same boat with no mixer device so yes please is there anyone can help i would be so grateful

Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:41 PM
  • have you tryed to restore like was sugested

Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:42 PM
  • didb you try the system restore to correct the problem

Sunday, April 27, 2008 8:46 PM
  •  

hey same problem with video controller (VGA compatible) but sound works fine just need the driver to install so everything i move or click on isnt so choppy here's my device instance ID#    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0221&SUBSYS_21521682&REV_A1\4&8CA73A7&0&0008

if any 1 knows how to look that up because i have no idea how to *sigh*

i would try a system restore or reinstall the driver but i lost the driver cd and dumpd my hard drive today to get rid of many virusesSad and how my sound is working i have no idea

Thursday, May 01, 2008 3:13 AM
  •  

Thank you ever so much.   Had been trying to find the audio device for 2 hours.   Your a sweetheart, whoever you are.   Would have never dreamed it had to do with Services.   ......  Nutmegan
    Sunday, May 04, 2008 6:56 AM
  • Well, it worked until I restarted the computer and now the audio device is missing again.    Surely can't understand why this is happening.    Also my Restore doesn't work.  Really in a fix.   Guess I'll have to try and get my computer guy out here.  Computer needs reformatting anyway.  And I'm keeping XP Pro.  

Good luck to all of you..........and me too.  Nutmegan. 

Sunday, May 04, 2008 8:42 AM
  •  psha wrote:
     clee8 wrote:

tell me how to solve this problem
    Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:17 AM
  • get one

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 1:33 AM
  •  sueblue wrote:

i screwed up and deleted my sound device then in thinking i was smart and cleaning my files i have lost my sound device can anyone help me

Hi! I did the same thing, deleted by mistake while cleaning my program files. I don't have the instalation CD and auto update does not reinstall the sound device.
    Please anyone advice in this particular case! Thanks so much for help guys!!!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:17 PM
  •  clee8 wrote:

oh and btw, be careful about the dll file..some maybe dll files for windows 95 or something hahaha..

i had an error saying something about mi user32.dll file or something..dont download that one but.

just a warning, altho im not too sure miself.

cheers.

Friday, May 23, 2008 1:34 AM
  • i tried everyhing mentioned on these pages and nothing worked.

turned out that I had to have a new mother board and a new hard drive!!!

Friday, May 23, 2008 3:47 PM
  • Thank you sooo much for your help. It really works! My audio stop working during the time I updated my XP professional and updated to IE 7. I tried the other options such as getting on the device manager and system restore. I didn't get anywhere. It was very simple to follow your instructions! Again thanks!

Sunday, May 25, 2008 4:33 AM
  •  feifei wrote:
     clee8 wrote:

After installing SP3, my sound device is gone.  I don't have a system CD for this computer, it belongs to my boyfriend.  Can anyone direct me to a site that I can download Sound Device.  I'm working with Windows XP Media

Sunday, June 15, 2008 6:38 PM
  • Sorry,I'M having the same Problem and I am so Pi--ed! I need HELP ALSO!!!

Monday, June 16, 2008 2:57 AM
  • Thanks a lot Toshman! Your advice from 28th May 2007 solved my problem with "no audio device exists". You are my idol!
    I paste your post below, for the benefit of others with the same problem:

Friday, June 20, 2008 3:24 PM
  •  norleza wrote:

Friday, June 27, 2008 7:26 PM
  • HEY IM STACIE HOW YOU SOLVE UR PROMBLEM CUZ I HAVE IT CAN U HELP ME

Friday, June 27, 2008 8:27 PM
  • I also have the same problem  HELP?

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 12:11 AM
  •  

hello how are you doing?

I am having the same problem with my comp,i bought three sets of speakers and still not working.

every time I  try somthing diffrent the same thing comes up saying, there is no sound device installed on your computer,either it is under another program or there is no sound at all .

i am writing you to please help me with my problem ,cause when I read yours i said to myself wow" this person had the same problem I am having . thank you!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:43 PM
  •  

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 4:45 PM
  • Hi, I can't get my audiosrv.dll to work, no sound, nothing.  I did an update via windows updater and now, nothing.  Its blocking me out of the services.msc so it won't let me select start, I can't replace the .dll file, and nothing seems to fix it, not rollbacks or rebooting or anything.  Does any tech support actually ANSWER in these forums or is it just fend-for-yourself?  I'd like my sound back, mmkay?  This problem was not on my end, before, and all I did was run the updater, yet you won't include a flat-out resetting method or a .dll file for Vista 32-bit or even a reasonable fix?  I'd appreciate someone writing me back since I've been searching forums and trying EVERYTHING and nothing suggested is working. Sad

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:38 AM
  • i have a huuuge problem... i cant listen to music or any sounds on my comp and i havnt updated anything. the sound just disappeared all of a sudden
    Sunday, July 27, 2008 5:18 AM
  • how to installed a sound device

Friday, August 08, 2008 1:15 PM
  • no

Saturday, August 09, 2008 4:00 AM
  •  

Give the man a Coconut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for solving the problem. I and many more have had this bad experience after downloading an update on MS XP.

I believe that it is due to down loading C-Media AC'97 onboard sound driver which does not work causes problems and removes the existing drivers then after trying to un-install the new driver it cannot be got rid of. In addition I got a "Error Loading cmicnfg.cpl" error message displayed and still no sound. 

This appears to be the easiest ans safest fix that works thanks a lot 5 hours hair pulling relieved.

Regards None Such

Monday, August 18, 2008 10:50 PM
  •  Jack Jose wrote:
    I Booted my computer and my hard was empty and after i installed windows xp home,
    my sound device is not working and the sound is comming out of my cpu.
    can you help me out please.
    Friday, September 12, 2008 8:25 PM
  •  

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:11 PM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:35 AM
  • Here's what I did:

Computer>System Properties>Advanced System Settings>Hardware Tab>Device Manager>Sound and Video Game controllers "Properties">ENABLE!
    Wednesday, October 01, 2008 5:40 PM
  • [quote user="kashif]

Friday, October 24, 2008 8:13 PM
  •  

Monday, October 27, 2008 10:43 PM
  •  norleza wrote:

my son had windows vista removed from my dell home computer and had windows xp installed and I have had no sound since
    Sunday, November 09, 2008 5:50 PM
  • no sound device is found
    Friday, November 14, 2008 4:33 AM
  •  

Friday, November 14, 2008 7:53 AM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:14 AM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:15 AM
  •  

Friday, November 14, 2008 8:15 AM
  • Как установить Audio Device Found?

Friday, November 14, 2008 4:32 PM
  •  

how did u set it up as i'm new to computers and need a step by spet help

Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:03 PM
  •  

So what was it ? im in need of MUSICA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please ..
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:13 PM
  • hey what did u do ?? i need MUSICA !!!!!!! please help me and tell me what did u do ...thank u

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:27 PM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:46 AM
  • I had this problem when I updated to service pack 1 for vista. No sound device. All I did was go to my Computer/System Properties/Device Manager. In Device manager click on 'Sound video and game controllers', then right click on the drop down menu which will say your sound controller. You will have an option to update driver software. Do this, and let it search for new software on the internet, and it will update. This worked for me. It updated my 'Conexant Hi Def Smart software' to 'Conexant Hi Def Smart software HD2'.  Then I got my vol control back!

Tim
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 1:40 PM
  • I have a similar problem with my sound device.  When I look up hardware under sound, it tells me sound device not found. I rebooted my computer in October, and ever since then I am unable to find my sound device and cannot play anything media related.  How do I hook up a sound device, and where would I look up such a thing.  My sound worked fine before rebooting, and so I know I have a soundcard, and speakers give me warning sounds now, so I know speakers are hooked up properly. What do I do?  I have a Gateway with Windows XP.  If you have any helpful hints I would be most grateful.
    Friday, December 26, 2008 3:30 AM
  •  chelseaxx wrote:
     clee8 wrote:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:24 AM
  • Is there any way my sound can be fixed on my computer?  i receive email with sound, but my computer has no Audio, so I can't hear the sound.  please replace my Audio syltem.  Thank's for your help.  GLEN W. HILL  sylviaglen@msn.com

Sunday, December 28, 2008 4:20 AM
  • This was the only thing that worked for me- thank you!  Windows crashed and I had to reinstall -everything- , ran all the updates and found this old audio glitch.  Thank you Toshman! 

Monday, January 05, 2009 5:50 PM
  •  

yes i want to get new sound device

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 12:49 AM
  •  clee8 wrote:

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 1:18 AM
  •  zephoid b wrote:
    im getting the same error, but ive had this kind of problem in the past. Microsoft does a nice job of nerfing some things in updates. go to add/remove programs, check updates at the top, and uninstall the one u just installed. that should fix the problem if it was related to the update. i turned off updates a while back cuz it was crashing Dark Messiah with the update.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 6:54 PM
  • I have this same problem.  did you get an answer?

Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:02 PM
  •  

hi clee8, I know this email is an old one but i have the same problem   i was cleaning out the computer and i un checked one  thing (cant remember wht?) but any how the sound icon has gone  from my computer and i also have no sound from my speakers or computer (even the windows theme when you open and close the computer is gone)?  also no sound device is found comes up???? I dont know what i have done but i have done everything that can be done for over 1 month know and no luck . i have restored back to another date , everything everything ?????? what do i do  , I hope you got your problem fixed and now cul you please help me thank-you Daphne thankx
    Sunday, January 18, 2009 7:35 PM