Link emails from the CRM Outlook client date issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

If I link an email with the CRM outlook client to my CRM than it is not the date I received an email but the date I linked the email is used. Can this be changed?

Thanks,

Alex.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 7:17 PM

Answers

• CRM 4.0 entities have a field called overwrittencreatedondate.  When you update that field it sets the createdon date to whatever you enter in that field.  If you can think of a way to update that field, it may do it.

That doesn't solve your problem, but it's a thought that might get you there.

There is no way to modify the standard track in CRM functionality from Outlook.  This would be a great suggestion for you to submit via the Dynamics community.

Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:51 AM

All replies

• CRM 4.0 entities have a field called overwrittencreatedondate.  When you update that field it sets the createdon date to whatever you enter in that field.  If you can think of a way to update that field, it may do it.

That doesn't solve your problem, but it's a thought that might get you there.

There is no way to modify the standard track in CRM functionality from Outlook.  This would be a great suggestion for you to submit via the Dynamics community.

Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:51 AM
  • This might be a bit late.....

We ended up writing a plugin to massage the dates that were being used.

Friday, July 29, 2011 1:19 PM