I am unable to upload Plans to MS Project Professional 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am not able to upload Project plans to Project Server 2010. I have previously been able to do this but am now using a new Desktop machine.

I open Project Server Web App Open the pLAn I am Trying to add to the server, which I have saved to my desktop and then hit save as I do notget the dialog box asking which usally appears , which allows me to upload the plan, instead I only get the oprion to save locally onto either a shared drive or my desktop

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what I can do about it, I belive that I do have  the correct admin rights/permissions to be able to do this.  Could this be a machine based permissions issue

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hi

You need to have Microsoft Project Professional 2010 to upload/publish plans to Project Server. You can check this using below steps.

1.        Launch Microsoft Project client
    2.        Select File >> Help >> About Microsoft Project
    3.        If you see Microsoft Standard 2010 then you do not have right version (Professional 2010) to publish the Plan

If you are using Project Professional then you need to have “Save Project to Project Server” and “Publish Project” category permission to save and publish to Project Server.

If you have above permissions then you need to make sure that you have configured a Project Professional Account to connect to Project Server. Below are the steps to configure project professional account.

1.        Launch Project Porfessional
    2.        Select Computer Login
    3.        Select File >> Info >> Manage Account >> Add
    4.        Enter the account name and Project Server URL (PWA URL http://servername/PWAsite)
    5.        Click on ok
    6.        Now close the MS Project and re-launch it and select the account created above for connecting to Project Server

Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:20 PM