Where does CRM store the association between an enity and the document location? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have some problems with a deployment of Dynamics 365 and SharePoint online. I thought I understood the sharepointdocumentlocation structure well but realise there is a gap. So sharepointdocumentlocation normally has some 'header' records for each entity, showing the relatively folder name for an enity. For example an entry for account with relatively URL account. Then for an individual account record there is(or there will be created, another sharepointdocumentlocation with the head record as parent.

But how does CRM know which of the header records to use. Does in match on the name field of the sharepointdocumentlocation record? Or is there another setting somewhere? Or is it hard coded.

Thanks

Paul

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

You can take a look Settings --> Document Management --> SharePoint Document Locations . For each entity document management options is enabled from entity settings page , CRM will create SharePoint list for  that entity. you also has some absolute and relative Url settings in  SharePoint Document Locations.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 4:38 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Jigar.

I am aware of that but my question was how does CRM know which of the sharepointdocument locations to use. For example I might have contact, account and say a custom entity new_custom enabled for documents. I'd expect three 'header' sharepoint location records, for example with values

Name                             relativeurl

account                          account

contact                          contact

new_custom                  new_custom

So for entity contact how does it know to use the second record above. Does it match on the name field?  My experiments suggest not!

Thanks

Paul

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 5:09 PM