"cleanup now" not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have 6 computers being backed up right now and several have "incomplete" backups over the last few months. I would liek to get them deleted but when I click cleanup now it doesn't delete them. I also have a problem with the time to keep my backups not following the settings. I have the settings set at 2 months, 3 weeks and 3 days but this is October and I still have JUNE backups that aren't deleting! I am not interested in starting over, AGAIN!! Do I have any other otpions. I just upgraded the hard drive space so I now have plenty of free space, I was down to just over 200 gig free but now have over 600 gig free. But these old backups are not being deleted and it is bothering me. Any ideas besides deleting everything and starting over.
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 11:46 AM

Answers

• mikey159 said:

I have 6 computers being backed up right now and several have "incomplete" backups over the last few months. I would liek to get them deleted but when I click cleanup now it doesn't delete them. I also have a problem with the time to keep my backups not following the settings. I have the settings set at 2 months, 3 weeks and 3 days but this is October and I still have JUNE backups that aren't deleting! I am not interested in starting over, AGAIN!! Do I have any other otpions. I just upgraded the hard drive space so I now have plenty of free space, I was down to just over 200 gig free but now have over 600 gig free. But these old backups are not being deleted and it is bothering me. Any ideas besides deleting everything and starting over.

The supported way to go would be to run "Repair" from the WHS console settings menu, Backup tab. If this doesn't fix it  you have basically three options:

1. Delete all backups and start from scratch.
    2. File a bug report on Windows Home Server Connect Feedback site; How to submit feedback and bugs on Connect. Possibly WHS team will be able to provide another solution.
    3. Try and repair the database yourself (not supported). Instructions: Fixing Database Inconsistency errors 
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:28 PM

All replies

• mikey159 said:

I have 6 computers being backed up right now and several have "incomplete" backups over the last few months. I would liek to get them deleted but when I click cleanup now it doesn't delete them. I also have a problem with the time to keep my backups not following the settings. I have the settings set at 2 months, 3 weeks and 3 days but this is October and I still have JUNE backups that aren't deleting! I am not interested in starting over, AGAIN!! Do I have any other otpions. I just upgraded the hard drive space so I now have plenty of free space, I was down to just over 200 gig free but now have over 600 gig free. But these old backups are not being deleted and it is bothering me. Any ideas besides deleting everything and starting over.

The supported way to go would be to run "Repair" from the WHS console settings menu, Backup tab. If this doesn't fix it  you have basically three options:

1. Delete all backups and start from scratch.
    2. File a bug report on Windows Home Server Connect Feedback site; How to submit feedback and bugs on Connect. Possibly WHS team will be able to provide another solution.
    3. Try and repair the database yourself (not supported). Instructions: Fixing Database Inconsistency errors 
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:28 PM
  • Okay thanks, I read the how to on backing up to an external drive etc and then the rest but that is waaay over my head, at least as far as what I want to do. I have one set of backups for a pc that is away at College right now. It will be back mid November so at that time I may dump everything and start over, again!
    • Edited by mikey159 Thursday, October 9, 2008 12:07 PM
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 12:06 PM