DTMF tones in Communicator conference call RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I invite a second party into a conference call I lose the ability to respond to prompts with DTMF tones.  I am using a Dialogic gateway with standard PSTN phone lines.  Everything else is working perfectly.  I am able to speak to both parties with no problem, but it seems like Communicator stops sending DTMF tones as soon as I invite another party.  The DTMF tones work just fine as long as I don't try them in a conference call.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?  Could someone out there try this with their configuration?

Thanks,

Quentin Lafferty

Monday, May 12, 2008 7:21 PM

All replies

• We are also experiencing this exact issue.  We are integrating with a Nortel CS2100 phone switch.  It uses a Nortel SST as the SIP/CSTA gateway and a Nortel IW-SPM as the media gateway.

Just curious if you had any success in solving this issue.

Thanks,

Matt

Friday, August 15, 2008 2:21 PM
  • We are also experiencing this same issue.  Integration is direct SIP to CCM.  DTMF works great on all other calls, but once you enter a conference DTMF is no longer recognized.  Leads me to think it is a DTMF issue with SIREN on the mediation server, or just that DTMF does not work at all in a conference.

Friday, December 5, 2008 3:58 PM
  • Also experiencing this issue. DTMF works fine unless you attempt to use it in a conference call scenario. The IVR system on the other end just does not respond.
    • Proposed as answer by Mu Han Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:33 AM
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:19 PM
  • When you are in a conference call, the dial-out is handled by the MCU. The MCU doesn't pass the DTMF events to the new call. This is a feature that has not been included in the product yet.

• Proposed as answer by Mu Han Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:38 AM
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:37 AM