locked
crmsvcutil.exe issues RRS feed

  • Question

  • So we recently upgraded from 2013 to 2016 on prem. I have used the crmSVCUtil for a long time with 2013 without ever having any issues. I have been trying to use the one from the 2016 SDK and it just refuses to call to our onprem CRM, instead it calls to what I can assume is Dynamics 365. Looking at the fiddler trace, it appears to ignore the URL input field completely.

    I will put in crmsvcutil.exe /url:https://<server>/<org>/XRMServices/2011/organization.svc /out:Xrm.cs

    It ignores my URL completely (yes I removed the actual server and org in that example.), and calls out to https://disco.crm.dynamics/.... cycling through all the continents and then fails. Is this SDK just bugged?

    Thursday, November 10, 2016 11:45 AM

All replies

  • Monday, November 14, 2016 7:40 AM
    Moderator
  • That was the full command, the URL or org I cannot give away. What I had to do was pull down the SDk for CRM 2013, ran the exact same command and it ran without trying to contact Dynamics 365 so it worked fine and the code can be used in a solution that uses the SDK for CRM 2016. Looks like a rather serious bug in that utility for the CRM 2016 SDK
    Monday, November 14, 2016 1:33 PM
  • Where is username, password, service context and namespace parameters?? The full command is as:

    CrmSvcUtil.exe /url:https://<organizationUrlName>.api.crm.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc    /out:<outputFilename>.cs /username:<username> /password:<password>     /namespace:<outputNamespace> /serviceContextName:<serviceContextName>


    Persian Dynamics CRM Community | انجمن متخصصان فارسی زبان

    Monday, November 14, 2016 3:25 PM
    Moderator
  • Username, password, service context, and namespace are optional and will default. In this specific environment I did not need to use them. I had run this command about 40 times in 2013 without ever having an issue. For some reason the 2016 SDK will just call out to Dynamics 365 and ignore the url. I was running a fiddler trace and saw it do this no matter what I put in there. If I added Uname, pwd, namespace, serviceContext name, it still called out to dynamics 365 instead of the specific url. Fortunately the classes generated by the 2013 SDK do still create classes that work with the 2016 SDK code so I used that until the 2016 SDK is fixed.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 12:01 PM