none
Cannot View my Profile RRS feed

• Question

• Today I no longer can access my profile, or my profile activities, from the box that includes my avatar, as below:

When I click on my name in the image, I should get my MSDN/TechNet profile. If I click "Show activity" I should see my profile activities. But today the pages never load (at this time). I do see my profile (and my activities when I click the "Activity" tab) when I click my name in the breadcrumbs of any post, or if I use the "Quick access" menu. Does anyone else experience this?

Edit: I just realized I only have this problem on the "My Threads" view. On other views, like "My forums threads" I do not have this problem.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:12 PM

Answers

• Today (at this time) the My Forums Threads view never fully loads and I can not use it. Other pages sometimes fail to load as well.

I almost never use My Forums Threads, I usually use the My Threads view, but they both work Ok for me. Might try from another machine / VM before doing the undesirable clear cache.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:24 PM

All replies

• I almost never use My Threads view. I see the image looks different, link is not underlined but it still works for me.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:36 PM
  • I don't configure alerts, so I use the My Threads view to keep track of posts where I replied. And I reply in threads in many forums. I had the problem I described all day yesterday. Today the forums (and the TechNet Wiki) seem very slow, even unresponsive at times, but I can now view my profile activities from the links next to my avatar in the My Threads view.

Today (at this time) the My Forums Threads view never fully loads and I can not use it. Other pages sometimes fail to load as well.

Edit: I had to use the My Threads view to reply in this thread. No other view fully loaded and allowed me to reply.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:17 PM
  • Today (at this time) the My Forums Threads view never fully loads and I can not use it. Other pages sometimes fail to load as well.

I almost never use My Forums Threads, I usually use the My Threads view, but they both work Ok for me. Might try from another machine / VM before doing the undesirable clear cache.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:24 PM
  • Yep, my trusty Windows 7 machine with IE 9 (which I need for my work in the TechNet Wiki) is fine. All pages load completely. I restarted my Windows 10 tablet with Edge, and now it functions normally.

I hate to restart the Windows 10 machine, because it takes so long, my pages are out of order, and I need to refresh or re-authenicate in each page. The machine seems to restart after the lid is closed for several hours, but only when I select restart is memory apparently cleared. I guess I need to do this more often than every 3 days.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:52 PM
  • I usually only restart my surface pro 4 for updates but I do notice Edge can only run for so long before it appears to consume the resources. Sometimes I can get away with closing all tabs and starting over. I use my microsoft account (and facial recognition) for windows logon so I almost never have to re-authenticate even after a cold boot.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:00 PM