locked
Access Denied Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    i am running Project server 2010. I am in the Farm Admin group of Sharepoint. I am the admin of all the provisioned sites but i am getting Access denied on most the admin related options. On BI option i get access denied, if i try to attach a document or report an issue or risk on project site i get access denied error even though i am assigned as administartor with full control. Can anyone please help me with this.

    Thanks,

    Fahad

    Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:54 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi fodi,

    This is very unique issue; i have faced this type of issue once.

    Same time farmadmin do not have full access. Instead of him local administrator has full access. Just try with local administrator to do that. If it’s happen then change the site owner to farmadmin it will work. Thanks


    Avinash kumar
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:11 AM
  • Thanks Avinash for your post... the issue i have mentioned occured a few days back. Before that everything was normal. i really dont understand if there is something that i did was worng. Any how as i mentioned, my login is in Farmadmin group. i am the owner of the site too. i have full permissions to the site. but still its happening.
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:20 AM
  • Hi fodi,

    Thats true, can you tell me what type of permission level assigns to you like (only full control or full control and limited access both).

    if its both then there is permission over-lapping. So can you check it once with domain\administrator user instead of domain\farmadmin.
    Avinash kumar
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:30 AM
  • I have full control+Limited access. The limited access option is grayed i can't odify it.

    Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:39 AM
  • i removed all the permissions and gave full controll but still no use...

    Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:46 AM
  • Ya now yes you are administrator group but you are not site administrator, so

    do one thing log in with domain\administrator and then try to change permission level of you farmadmin or

    go to site setting>site collection administrator  and change it to domain\farmadmin.

    then you will be full administrator of the site.

     


    Avinash kumar
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:54 AM
  • Just try removing yourself from Admin Group in project server, make sure there are other admin users account available for you to again grant admin access,  and re assign administrator permission and save it, which should sync the user access to all the sites

    Let me know if this helps


    Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:15 PM
  • i tried everything but still standing at the same place. i think i got a clue of what i did worng but dont know how to fix it. in sharepoint central administration>security>configure service account. i changed the account of user profile sync service from network account with my own username. It changed the account to my username but gives the following error

    Error
    An object of the type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWindowsServiceCredentialDeploymentJobDefinition named "windows-service-credentials-FIMSynchronizationService" already exists under the parent Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ProfileSynchronizationService named "FIMSynchronizationService".  Rename your object or delete the existing object.

    Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

    Correlation ID: d7f88e4a-ba53-405f-bc73-5021180879f0
    --------------------------------------------------

    now if i try to change it back to network, it changes the account but gives the same error....i think i hav mentioned it earlier that my username is in farm admin account and i also regesterd my username as a managed account...

    does this make any sense... :(

    Friday, April 1, 2011 8:25 AM
  • Try updating the Farm Credentials using STSADM -o update farmcredentials as shown below, update all the farm credentials to your account and see if it helps 

    stsadm –o updatefarmcredentials –userlogin DOMAIN\username –password $password$

    For changing the service account on sharepoint there is a documented article, have alook at it as well, perhaps might give you some pointers

    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/russmax/archive/2010/01/08/changing-sharepoint-2010-service-accounts.aspx


    Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 10:24 AM