Some Values of Account not Displayed in Opportunity View RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone ever had the issue that in a CRM view he does not get the values for Annual Revenue of the Account when he uses an Opportunity Filter view?
    We have som eViews related to Opportunities wehre we display as columns Account Revenue as well. It shows fine for about 90 % of the results but not for some. If I do an Account view for the same accounts the annual revenue just displays correct values for the accounts in charge
    We run Dynamics 365 on-premise, but it was the very same on CRM 2011 before we migrated.

Any clue where I can start debugging, the values are there and they are obviously available in the DB as well, if I look at AccountBase

kind regards,
    Dieter Tontsch
    mobileX AG
    Friday, December 8, 2017 2:45 PM

Answers

• Well, yes and no. We did filter the wrong way on that view. We did filter on Account (Revenue) while for some Opps we did not have set an account but just a Potential Customer, which is in fact the Account. But the Account field in the opp form was empty. I modified the view in order to query Potential Cusomter (Revenue) and not Account (Revenue) anymore. And this works. 

It's a bit confusing thas if you set an account it is also set as Potential Cusomter, but if you set a potential cusomter,that one isn't set as Account, though.

Probably we do not fully understand the idea behind this, but how ever, it was my faoult that I filtered on Account (Revenue) by not having mandatory set an account.

And I am not sure if Potential Customer is a field due to our migration form 2011, becaues by default it's not there in 365 opportunity forms.

Dieter

• Proposed as answer by MGCRM Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dieter Tontsch, mobileX Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:27 AM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:43 AM

All replies

• Maybe a silly question, but can you retrieve these columns with advance find?
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:46 AM
  • Well, yes and no. We did filter the wrong way on that view. We did filter on Account (Revenue) while for some Opps we did not have set an account but just a Potential Customer, which is in fact the Account. But the Account field in the opp form was empty. I modified the view in order to query Potential Cusomter (Revenue) and not Account (Revenue) anymore. And this works. 

It's a bit confusing thas if you set an account it is also set as Potential Cusomter, but if you set a potential cusomter,that one isn't set as Account, though.

Probably we do not fully understand the idea behind this, but how ever, it was my faoult that I filtered on Account (Revenue) by not having mandatory set an account.

And I am not sure if Potential Customer is a field due to our migration form 2011, becaues by default it's not there in 365 opportunity forms.

Dieter

• Proposed as answer by MGCRM Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dieter Tontsch, mobileX Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:27 AM
    Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Dieter, is still exists in 365, but not on the standard form. You now also have parentaccountid and parentcontactid.

Good luck.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:07 AM