Windows Vista Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Vista Home Premium installed on my laptop that I recently bought. It is useless. I have installed every update and it has not got any better. Please can you exchange this useless operating system for Windows XP Professional. I use my laptop 8 to 10 hours a day and it crashes on me about 2 to 3 times a week with what I have started calling the opaque screen of Vista. I wish I had never bought a new PC with this garbage on it but at the time I did not have any other choice and decided to give it a go any way. Please please please please please please help me to get this sorted out.

Incredibly frustrated,

Sean
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 12:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Support for a preinstalled OEM version of Windows is provided by your computer manufacturer.  Contact them for any assistance you require.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:49 PM
  • I have VISTA Home Premium on an ASUS F3sr Notebook.

I really like ASUS hardware, and it seems to function well, but I have endless problems with VISTA, and like some others I will ask PC WORLD or ASUS if they can allow me to have the alternative of XP Professional, which seems to be better honed after the various service pack updates.

It seems there are Bluetooth issues and Genuine Microsoft Validation issues that others are having similar to my own, with many others - at least as far as my Web search is presently reveals.

The worst part is that for some reason my System Recovery disks don't seem to allow me to clean install and start afresh.

So I will have to go into my service-provider-retailer PC WORLD for a solution, or contact ASUS directly.

I keep looking for something called the Bluetooth Stack (Microsoft not Toshiba) without success.

Does anyone have solutions?

David

Sunday, June 29, 2008 7:13 PM
  • Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:02 PM