CRM 4.0 The form loads very slow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I recently redeployed CRM 4.0 (IFD) on a Windows 2008 64 R2 and SQL Server 2008 64 Bit R2. Both servers have 8 GB memory. CRM is on rollup 14. I found after I logged in, when the first time I open an account form or opportunity form, it will take around 30 secs to load. The client CPU will hit 100% by IE8 during that 30 secs. The form will load faster (less than 8 sec) after that. This happens when launch CRM on CRM web server as well on client.

Any idea?

Thank you!

Li

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 2:53 PM

All replies

• Sometimes it is produced by antivirus. For example there are some issues with McAfee 8.5 and 8.7. The form load slowly as result of SCRIPTSCAN. Anyway, the first time takes longer.

Julio
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:04 PM
  • Hi Julio,

Thank you for the reply. I have turned McAfee ScriptScan off on the client PC and added the crm web site as a trusted site in IE 8. Beside, There is no  AntiVirus on the server though I experience the same when logged in CRM in server's IE.

Li

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:34 PM
  • Hi Li,

Can you use Fiddler. This tool can help you to determinate which component takes longer to load. Many times the NOTES tab takes many seconds to load.

Julio
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:03 PM
  • Hi,

Do you have any custom scripts running on that form? Or on the aspx page hosting the form?

Cornel Croitoriu - Senior Software Developer - http://bizforward.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:55 PM
  • I have disabled the script on form loading. Will try Fiddler can update you guys the result!

Thank you!

Li

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 6:02 PM
  • While you may be experiencing atypically lengthy delays (30 secs is a little extreme, but then 8 secs is on the high end also), it is normal behaviour for the initial connection to the CRM to take longer than subsequent requests.

The first time you connect to the CRM (within a browser session and/or after a period of absence) your connection must be authenticated; this has an additional overhead to subsequent requests that use cached credentials.

--pogo (pat)
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:25 PM
  • Same problem is still there. Tried fiddler, the traffic passes thru for the first time and second time to load the same account form are the same. For the first, it seems that IE is doing nothing (or say receiving nothing) but busy for a while.

Li

• Proposed as answer by Xetas Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:29 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Xetas Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:30 PM
    Friday, February 18, 2011 7:43 PM
  • We've had similar issues in the past. Are you using a 2008r2 Domain controller as well? We found that there was a high range of ports needing to be opened for the CRM server to communicate to active directory effectively. Otherwise, it would be slow to load the first time as well as any additional authentication attempts. So, you can try opening the ports in your firewall for that range to/from the CRM Server and domain controller.

Important This article contains several references to the default dynamic port range. In Windows Server 2008 and in Windows Vista, the default dynamic port range is changed to the following range:

• Start port: 49152
    • End port: 65535

Check here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832017

Hope this helps. 

• Edited by Xetas Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:34 PM additional edits
    • Proposed as answer by Xetas Friday, May 20, 2011 6:10 PM
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:33 PM