system icon RRS feed

• Question

• With onecare, isn't it supposed to show the icon in the system trey?
    Diana
    Friday, April 24, 2009 5:23 PM

Answers

• The icon should always show unless there is something broken in One Care or Windows is set to hide inactive icons.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Friday, April 24, 2009 5:28 PM
  • On a system with lots of startup items and resource issues (older hardware, lower memory available) I've found that the icon sometimes doesn't load if you power up and immediately log into Windows when the Log In screen appears. If you wait a minute after the login screen appears before signing in, the icon is typically first in the system tray at that point. Yes, that would be a glitch.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 24, 2009 6:00 PM

All replies

• The icon should always show unless there is something broken in One Care or Windows is set to hide inactive icons.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Friday, April 24, 2009 5:28 PM
  • On a system with lots of startup items and resource issues (older hardware, lower memory available) I've found that the icon sometimes doesn't load if you power up and immediately log into Windows when the Log In screen appears. If you wait a minute after the login screen appears before signing in, the icon is typically first in the system tray at that point. Yes, that would be a glitch.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 24, 2009 6:00 PM
  • Hi Steve,

I restarted the pc and the icon showed up. I just needed to be patient. Thanks for your reply
    Diana
    Friday, April 24, 2009 6:07 PM
  • Hi Jim,

I only installed it on my  home pc. Curiosity got me. I had to try the new onecare to see what's new. Thanks for your reply.
    Diana
    Friday, April 24, 2009 6:27 PM