CRM Online and Customer Portal - Login; This account is not eligible for transfer. Please sign in with a registered Windows Live ID account. RRS feed

• Question

• So I am unsure after reading the plethora of posts what the real issue is here.

I thought I followed the deployment guide to a T.  Perhaps, not.

CRM Online with Customer Portal deployed in Azure.  

After selecting "Login" the following error in red is presented:

This account is not eligible for transfer. Please sign in with a registered Windows Live ID account.   

????

Regards, Bill

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:19 PM

All replies

• hi Bill,

do you plan to setup with Live ID or Azure ACS?

With Azure ACS you should get offered the authentication method's created via Azure ACS (like Windows ID, Yahoo, Google)

The little icon is only for transfer from Windows Live ID to Azure ACS.

Cheers

Friday, November 30, 2012 1:55 AM
  • Yes, thanks.  We figured that out and I should have removed the post.  However, we haven't quite been able to resolve the ACS configuration.  I now have the ability to select an identity provider but the process dies after that.  Puzzling.  Thought we followed the documented steps to a T.  But much of it looks out of date.  And now that CRM Online is using Office 365 instead of the old WLID process, I think things are a bit more complicated.

Are you aware of any "current" "up to date" thorough documentation of the process to install a portal to Azure referencing a CRM Online org?

Still struggling.

Thanks.

Regards, Bill

Friday, November 30, 2012 2:01 AM
  • hi bill,

in the same boat, try to figure this all out with the completly outdated documentation.

according to Shan McArthur (He is the master of CRM portal) in this post http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmlabs/thread/fa351442-29d5-4a48-9f61-4563a3bce91a

Azure ACS is the way to go.

In my setup, CRM on premise, Portal on Azure and ACS Azure I currently struggle with after login redirect I get the we are sorry page (url on /Federation.axd )

Next for me is to play around with the <microsoft.xrm.portal.identityModel> settings as my invite code doesn't get created in CRM yet.

I keep you posted

cheers

Friday, November 30, 2012 4:45 PM
  • Exactly the same here!  I will keep you abreast of any progress.

My understanding is no one has done it yet with both Azure portal and CRM Online - specifically, now that CRM Online uses Office365 which throws a whole new wrench in the works.

Regards, Bill

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:30 PM
  • Hi Bill,

I got mine working. Using Windows Azure ACS (which offers you Google, Yahoo, Window Live ID...)

Main issues was to update the web.config VERY closely to the "documentation" (well the copy and paste of web.config in the one document) you need to focus on compare word by word as the documentation is not highlighting what need to change (like change to https=true, none for certificate checking.)

also my CRM invitation code generator doesn't work but manual fill out a invitation code in the CRM works for us for now.

Monday, December 3, 2012 6:25 PM