none
Is there a "create new Maven project" command in VS Code for Java? RRS feed

• Question

• My understanding is that the Java extensions of VS Code work with Maven. What I'm wondering is whether there's a GUI command for creating a new Maven project? Or does that have to be done from the command line with 'mvn'?
    • Edited by MikeCode1127 Wednesday, January 16, 2019 7:48 PM
    • Moved by May Luo-MSFT Friday, February 22, 2019 1:12 PM off-topic issue
    Wednesday, January 16, 2019 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Please have a look these articles: create your project with Maven and How to create a Java / Maven project that works in Visual Studio Code?  According that, you need to use “mvn” command line to create it.

Since your issue is related to JAVA for VS code, our forum is discussing with VS IDE issue. If you have more question about importing Maven project or other else, I recommend you can ask questions and search for answers on Stack Overflow with “vs code” tag and enter issues and feature requests directly in our GitHub repository. If you'd like to contact a professional support engineer, you can open a ticket with the Microsoft assisted support team.

Hope my reply would be helpful and looking forwards your reply.

Br

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Edited by May Luo-MSFT Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by May Luo-MSFT Friday, January 25, 2019 9:06 AM
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:57 AM