Changes to Recalculate button's out of box Functionality. RRS feed

• Question

• Hii all, 

I'm working on MS-CRM 4.0. My client has specific requirement i.e. to add extra field (Tax_Percentage)  to quote and order form and perform its calculation along with the Recalculate Button's operation (which out of the box calculates the Total amount with respect to the respective products Amount along with the Tax and Discount Amount).  Is there any possibility where in i can access and make additional changes to the codes according to my requirements ??? 

I suppose my requirement is clear where in i need to add my extra fields values in the codes and modify the process of calculation according to the changes made.

Or please suggest any alternative Option to this which can fulfill the requirement, i'm stuck with this...   

(prijil.p.s)
    Monday, August 22, 2011 11:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Prijil,

You can change OOB calculation by using Discounts field. You can probably calculate your tax and use discount field. Moreover, you can mark pricing option as override and then create your own recalculate button with your very own logic. 

Hope this helps,

Ayaz Ahmad CRM Architect | http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com
    Monday, August 22, 2011 11:42 PM
  • I don't know If I understand your question Properly but here is what I did for one of my client. we have tax codes for clients. 

I registered 2 plugin on precreate and (preupdate if you change the product) of the quote

as product price is calculated by the system, so there is no price available in precreate, you need to calculate the price yourself using pricelistitem for the product. you calculate the tax and put in the tax field. It will sort your problem out.

You can't do it on (postupdate as it will keep calling the plugin over and over again as you are updating a field.

If you are changing the percentage when products are already in the quote.

Create a plugin on update use pre and post entity images. If the value in you tax percentage field is changed, update the tax on every product. it will sort the problem.

I hope this helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:49 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Prijil,

You can change OOB calculation by using Discounts field. You can probably calculate your tax and use discount field. Moreover, you can mark pricing option as override and then create your own recalculate button with your very own logic. 

Hope this helps,

Ayaz Ahmad CRM Architect | http://ayazahmad.wordpress.com
    Monday, August 22, 2011 11:42 PM
  • I don't know If I understand your question Properly but here is what I did for one of my client. we have tax codes for clients. 

I registered 2 plugin on precreate and (preupdate if you change the product) of the quote

as product price is calculated by the system, so there is no price available in precreate, you need to calculate the price yourself using pricelistitem for the product. you calculate the tax and put in the tax field. It will sort your problem out.

You can't do it on (postupdate as it will keep calling the plugin over and over again as you are updating a field.

If you are changing the percentage when products are already in the quote.

Create a plugin on update use pre and post entity images. If the value in you tax percentage field is changed, update the tax on every product. it will sort the problem.

I hope this helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Saturday, August 27, 2011 6:49 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 1:11 AM