none
[BUG] cannot reply to a thread using IE9 9.0.8027.6000 RRS feed

• Question

• I have to use a third party browser to input post content. 
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, December 27, 2010 6:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• That's strange. I'm using the same IE9 Beta2 version and don't see any problems with posting. Browser settings, perhaps?
    "192 GB ought to be enough for anybody." (from the miniseries "Next Generation's Jokes")
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 10:27 AM
  • If you don't quote you may not see what is being complained about. ; } E.g. even on this reply I got raw HTML which looked like this. (This is being posted via Edit.)
    That's strange. I'm using the same IE9 Beta2 version and don't see any problems with posting. Browser settings, perhaps?
    "192 GB ought to be enough for anybody." (from the miniseries "Next Generation's Jokes")
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:59 PM
  • Thank you for your replies.

I tried to reset and reinstall IE9 but the problem still occurs. It seems a software on my system is conflicting with IE9. Will try to narrow down the cause later.

Regards

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, December 31, 2010 5:30 AM
  • I can confirm the re-editing issue. It's driving me mad sometimes: You accidentally click on a wrong button ("Submit" instead of inserting some text), want to edit again and are confronted with eye-hurting plain HTML text. And yes, "once it gets goofed, it just stays goofed". The "delete browsing history" method is a bit harsh, as I'm using this history frequently, my workaround is to close the browser, reopen it, visit some other sites first and then revisit the forums. Silly but working.

Anyway: I don't believe that this problem is related to IE9, it happened on IE8 exactly the same way.

Friday, December 31, 2010 2:23 PM
  • I should delete this post.

Saturday, January 1, 2011 4:15 PM

• You’re right, Document Mode=IE7 works. The default Document Mode=IE8 caused my problem. So it’s still a BUG, technet bug or IE bug.

Thanks

Monday, January 3, 2011 2:19 AM