none
unable to change key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi: My ThinkPad T60P laptop crashed, so I need to install XP PRO which it was the original OS but I  lost the recovery disks so I used my copy a genuine XP PRO that I have installed in another computer. When it fisnished installation I tried to use the key # in sticker in the back of my laptop but  said "It was the wrong key" so I put the key # which it came with disk. Later I tried to change the key number with system tools but it said the key was mispelled. What I did wrong? Thank you
    Monday, November 21, 2011 9:44 PM

Answers

• "rgancedo" wrote in message news:7298665f-8606-4e09-8e5d-e30329d8ef64...
    Hi: My ThinkPad T60P laptop crashed, so I need to install XP PRO which it was the original OS but I  lost the recovery disks so I used my copy a genuine XP PRO that I have installed in another computer. When it fisnished installation I tried to use the key # in sticker in the back of my laptop but  said "It was the wrong key" so I put the key # which it came with disk. Later I tried to change the key number with system tools but it said the key was mispelled. What I did wrong? Thank you

note that you MUST enter the Key from the COA sticker on the T60P – not one found using a keyfinder tool

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, November 28, 2011 11:08 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 10:12 PM

All replies

• "rgancedo" wrote in message news:7298665f-8606-4e09-8e5d-e30329d8ef64...
    Hi: My ThinkPad T60P laptop crashed, so I need to install XP PRO which it was the original OS but I  lost the recovery disks so I used my copy a genuine XP PRO that I have installed in another computer. When it fisnished installation I tried to use the key # in sticker in the back of my laptop but  said "It was the wrong key" so I put the key # which it came with disk. Later I tried to change the key number with system tools but it said the key was mispelled. What I did wrong? Thank you

note that you MUST enter the Key from the COA sticker on the T60P – not one found using a keyfinder tool

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, November 28, 2011 11:08 PM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 10:12 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, November 28, 2011 11:08 PM