I want to turn off Automatic Updates RRS feed

• Question

• Is it my imagination, or did Live One Care change my Automatic Updates setting to "Automatic (recommended)" when I wasn't paying attention?  If I change this back to be "Download updates for me, but let me choose when to install them", will Live One Care leave that setting alone?  It's possible I changed this setting on my own.  If I did, it was only to satisfy Windows Live One Care so it wouldn't tell me I'm at risk.  Is there any way to turn off Automatic Updates without getting the "At Risk" status?  I want to set Automatic Updates to "Download updates for me, but let me choose when to install them" so the computer will not reboot automatically.  A few hours of warning don't cut it since these warnings may, and so far, usually do, occur overnight when I'm not at the computer.  I don't care if the computer warns me for a week!  I DON'T WANT THE COMPUTER TO REBOOT ON IT'S OWN!!!

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:24 PM

Answers

• Yes, OneCare turned it on.

No, you can't stop OneCare from doing this. You can, however, configure automatic updates to download and install at a time that you specify.

-steve

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:58 PM