Microsoft Fix it Problem on XPsp3 Computer - Unable to download troubleshooters, please check your internet connection. RRS feed

• Question

• I am having the problem just like the user Keen to know.

I have tried the step in the previous forum but I am not lucky like Keen to know at least he finally found the solution. Please help.

The event log as displayed.

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: MatSvc
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 12
    Date:  29/01/2011
    Time:  11:15:53 PM

User:  N/A
    Computer: IBM-CBAEBB6535D

Description:
    The MATS service encountered a failure when getting HTTP proxy settings. hr=0x80072F94

.Keyword:GetUrlProxyInfo

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MatSvc
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 3
    Date:  29/01/2011
    Time:  11:16:54 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: IBM-CBAEBB6535D

Description:
    The MATS service encountered a web service failure. hr=0x80072EE2

Saturday, January 29, 2011 3:15 PM

All replies

• Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Fix it Center (beta).  I'm sorry to hear that. Based on your described I thinks your issue was related to network proxy, could you please try below steps that setting or check IE proxy server.

1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.
    2. Under Proxy server groups, click to select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
    3. In the Address box, type the IP address of the proxy server. (Please used a free public proxy address and configure your IE LAN settings to use this proxy address.)

Hope it helps.  Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks!

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

Monday, January 31, 2011 5:29 AM