none
70-536 Failed.... RRS feed

• Question

• Well today I took the 70-536 exam and got a score of 583. Passing score is 700. I felt I did very well, but of course my stomach dropped when I saw I failed. I was really surprised by the fact there was a case study to do. I think that is where I did poorly on. Anyways, I will take another month of prep time before I take it again.

Jay

Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:01 AM

Answers

• Don't get too discouraged by this. 

Not sure if you've seen this link but it contains some good study material http://www.certsandprogs.com/search/label/70-536#axzz1S2oli99W

Good luck with your next attempt.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:59 AM
  • Don't be discouraged. In my experience the scoring is very sensitive to minor variations in your knowledge, so that a little bit of revising can make a large difference in your scores. The case in point: At the time I upgraded my MCSE on Windows 2000 into 2003, which required passing exams 70-292 and 296 (if I recall correctly), I failed both exams with a score of just under 700 points. I had second shot vouchers for the exams, and I took them again a week later after some minor revising. This second time I passed both with a score of over 900. My point is that just a little bit of additional prepping can make a substantial difference in the results.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:08 AM
  • I agree, the scoring can be very sensitive. I've passed 70-516 a few months ago and I admit I wasn't prepared in depth for every topic, but I took it without second shot because I knew the most important stuff.

You now have the experience. Just improve where you think you are weak and go take it again soon, don't postpone.

MCT, MCPD
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:58 AM

All replies

• Don't get too discouraged by this. 

Not sure if you've seen this link but it contains some good study material http://www.certsandprogs.com/search/label/70-536#axzz1S2oli99W

Good luck with your next attempt.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker

Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:59 AM
  • Don't be discouraged. In my experience the scoring is very sensitive to minor variations in your knowledge, so that a little bit of revising can make a large difference in your scores. The case in point: At the time I upgraded my MCSE on Windows 2000 into 2003, which required passing exams 70-292 and 296 (if I recall correctly), I failed both exams with a score of just under 700 points. I had second shot vouchers for the exams, and I took them again a week later after some minor revising. This second time I passed both with a score of over 900. My point is that just a little bit of additional prepping can make a substantial difference in the results.

Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:08 AM
  • I agree, the scoring can be very sensitive. I've passed 70-516 a few months ago and I admit I wasn't prepared in depth for every topic, but I took it without second shot because I knew the most important stuff.

You now have the experience. Just improve where you think you are weak and go take it again soon, don't postpone.

MCT, MCPD
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:58 AM