Since upgrading to macOS 10.15 (Catalina) the WHS Mac Connector software no longer works. Upgrade or new version? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there likely to be a replacement 64 bit version of WHS 2011 Mac Connector Software?
    Sunday, February 23, 2020 5:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Un-install the connector on Mac and re-connect it to WHS 2011 is worthy to have a try.

Windows Home Server 2011 mainstream support has been ended (reference official declaration -> https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-server-essentials-and/windows-home-server-2011-end-of-mainstream-support/ba-p/399076). 

I can find a newest official article about WHS 2011 and Mac is Mac Mountain Lion Compatibility With WHS 2011, SBS 2011 Essentials and Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/12832.mac-mountain-lion-compatibility-with-whs-2011-sbs-2011-essentials-and-storage-server-2008-r2-essentials.aspx

In general, newer Mac may has compatibility issue with WHS 2011 as it is not officially supported and we would recommend you to consider of migrating your WHS to newer Windows Server Essentials or Standard version. 

Best Regards, 
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by TheKays1 Wednesday, February 26, 2020 4:38 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2020 3:41 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang    

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by TheKays1 Wednesday, February 26, 2020 4:38 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:44 AM
  • Hi Eve,

I had already attempted a re-install which pointed to the problem with the connector software no longer able to work with MacOS 10.15 Catalina, otherwise you are saying there is no longer any support. This answers the question. I will attempt to find a open source solution rather than upgrade with Microsoft.

Thanks for your assistance.

• Marked as answer by TheKays1 Wednesday, February 26, 2020 4:44 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 4:43 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to update the status of this thread. 

I quite understand the inconvenience it had brought to you, I will post your feedback to product team. Thank you for your understanding and supportive about WHS 2011.

Best Regards, 
    Eve Wang

Thursday, February 27, 2020 3:21 AM