none
How can I delete threads in msdn? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I want to permanently delete my threads that I previously posted online? I am not talking about the threads in any of the programming languages, but the threads like the one I am posting right now. I cannot find a way to delete them. How can I do that?

Thank you!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:06 AM

All replies

• You can click on 'My Threads' and go through each one. As long as they don't have replies, you should be able to delete them.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:02 AM
  • So I cannot delete the thread if someone has replied to it? 
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 5:32 AM
  • So I cannot delete the thread if someone has replied to it? 

How do I delete my posts?

To delete your post, go to the thread's page and click the Delete located next in the tool strip beneath the post, click Delete, type the reason for deletion, and then click OK. To cancel the deletion, click Cancel. Note that you will not be able to delete the post if the post has one or more replies. In such cases, submit a request for deleting the post to the moderator. You can delete any posted reply as long as it is not marked as an answer or proposed answer. To work around this, you can unmark it as an answer first. However, the thread can only be deleted if there were no replies to it or the user is a moderator.

Why am I unable to delete my post?

You will not be able to delete your post if:
    You have not signed in to Forums.
    Somebody has already replied to your post.
    The post has been marked as an answer or proposed answer.

Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:10 AM
  • As Vincenzo explained, you can only delete threads which do not have replies yet unless you're a moderator.

My blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Thank you all for the replies! How do I contact the moderator? I cannot find a way to leave him or her a message.

Thank you again

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:04 PM
  • This is also a bit tricky and there is a WiKi page explaining how to find a moderator.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7078.how-to-find-out-who-the-moderators-are-in-an-msdn-or-technet-forum.aspx

My blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:09 PM