Sometimes one care doesn't settle down when opened. RRS feed

• Question

• Sometimes, fairly often actually, open one care and I can't do anything with it because it won't settle down even though it's not doing anything--as far as I can tell.  (I get the little circling thing.). 

I wanted to go to configure backup to find out how to backup an open word document (while I'm working on it), but I haven't been able to "get into it" at all this afternoon.  I used to use 12 ghosts backup, which would back up the document automatically every minute (I'm a professional writer).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 12:55 AM

Answers

• You're welcome, Don. Yes, I guess you could call me busy. :-) I hope that the problem does not return, of course...

-steve

Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:38 PM

All replies

• Don, do you mean that you are running Vista and when you try to open OneCare, the "busy" program pointer appears? The one that changes your pointer to the spinning circle until the program opens or finishes being busy or until you click to another program for the pointer to change back?

In any event, if you cannot open OneCare, please contact support for help.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve

Thursday, January 3, 2008 2:17 AM
  • Hi Stephen:  You're a busy fellow.

Yes, the busy program pointer, the spinning circle, was appearing and not going away earlier today, but it seems okay now. If the problem returns, I'll contact support.  Thanks for the help.

Cheers, Don.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 5:00 AM
  • You're welcome, Don. Yes, I guess you could call me busy. :-) I hope that the problem does not return, of course...

-steve

Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:38 PM