Convert an Opportunity to an Order without a quote? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone this is for CRM 2013 Online.  I see that I can go directly to Orders and create a new one, and then link it to an account and opportunity but this is a pain.  The easiest seems to be to edit the Opportunity form to add a sub grid for Orders, that way I can just click the + and add one pulling the info over.  Is this the normal way though, or is there a built in way to access Orders from an Opportunity?  In 2011 you could just click Orders on the left to view all related ones, just like you would with Products etc but aside from me manually adding an Orders sub grid to Opportunities, I can't seem to find anywhere under an Opportunity that it shows Orders.  I tried clicking the down arrow beside the opportunity name, but that just shows under Common Products Activities Documents etc.

Thanks!

Saturday, December 28, 2013 9:58 PM

Answers

• You can modify the opportunity form and add the Orders to the Navigation items on the form. This should get the Orders in the Record menu besides the opportunity name.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Monday, December 30, 2013 6:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lee A Moreau Monday, December 30, 2013 2:13 PM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 6:49 AM