menu issues in XP RRS feed

• Question

• When II right click on any folder on my machine, IE: right click  MY COMPUTER, search is the first item in the list and then OPEN. How do I get the original order of things back?? Even auto run for DVD's opens as search instead of the auto run list of what program you want to use. Help!
    Friday, August 1, 2008 2:44 PM

Answers

• The only toolbar I have is google. This has happened before but it somehow corrected itself. Its like the right click list is out of order.
    • Marked as answer by tanwoman Saturday, August 2, 2008 2:35 PM
    • Edited by tanwoman Saturday, August 2, 2008 2:36 PM still not fixed
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 2:35 PM

All replies

• Tanwoman,

Have a look in Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs to see if there are any third party search bars installed.  Yahoo, Google, and AOL search bars are generally well-behaved, but any others may be the source of the problem.  Uninstall any other search bars or search assistants, restart, and check to see if the issue is fixed.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Proposed as answer by dutchman300 Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:50 PM
    Friday, August 1, 2008 5:38 PM
  • The only toolbar I have is google. This has happened before but it somehow corrected itself. Its like the right click list is out of order.
    • Marked as answer by tanwoman Saturday, August 2, 2008 2:35 PM
    • Edited by tanwoman Saturday, August 2, 2008 2:36 PM still not fixed
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 2:35 PM
  • All of the list toolbars cause problems. they hog resourses and if you have multiple toolbars like those installed your PC can freeze up this happened to my sister and after removeing the third party toolbars her PC stopped having problems.
    Wednesday, August 13, 2008 6:54 PM