Home Server Restore Driver / BackupReader.sys RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

My computer keeps telling me it has found new hardware "Home Server Restore Driver" and then can't find the drivers for it. Specifically Windows is looking for backupreader.sys and I can't find it on any of the 3 CD/DVD disks that were created for installs and recoveries.

This has been going on since installing WHS Connector software on my personal workstation, and opening a backup and restoring one file. Every time the system boots it tells me it has found the new hardware.

Any idea where the requested file can be found?

Thanks

gib

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:20 PM

Answers

• backupreader.sys is installed with the connector, Gib. It should be in C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server. What I would suggest you try first, though, is to uninstall the connector through Add/Remove Programs, then install it directly off of the Software share on WHS.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:52 PM

All replies

• backupreader.sys is installed with the connector, Gib. It should be in C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server. What I would suggest you try first, though, is to uninstall the connector through Add/Remove Programs, then install it directly off of the Software share on WHS.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:52 PM
  •  Ken Warren wrote:
    backupreader.sys is installed with the connector, Gib. It should be in C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server. What I would suggest you try first, though, is to uninstall the connector through Add/Remove Programs, then install it directly off of the Software share on WHS.

Hi Ken.

That solved the problem. But what is strange is the found new hardware item never came up until I did a test to restrore a file from a backup.

gib

Thursday, June 28, 2007 10:35 AM