none
HPC pack installation error on server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have installed a window server 2016 as a virtualbox guest. Then I proceeded to install the HPC pack. In the middle of the installation, it aborts with

Component Microsoft Service Fabric Cluster cannot be installed with error code 1. If a different version of Service Fabric runtime or SDK had already been installed in this machine, uninstall them and rerun setup . For more details, please check the Service Fabric deployment logs in the folders setup\DeploymentTraces and C:\ProgramData\SF\Log\Traces.

I went to the locations but there is no such trace files. Where is setup\DeploymentTraces? Does that mean the HPC pack installation folder? The is no SF in programdata also.

A similar question is available here and they suggest to remove the active directory. As you can see in the picture, Those AD related softwares have not been installed.

What should I do?

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Per your description, it may be the second known issue listed in https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt744886(v=ws.11).aspx

Could you check if the downloaded HPC Pack 2016 installation zip file was blocked? if it was blocked, please unblock it first before unzip it.

• Proposed as answer by volkind Thursday, June 28, 2018 5:10 PM
    Thursday, July 6, 2017 2:56 AM
  • The zip file is not blocked. I also have to say that I extracted the zip file without any problem and then run the setup file.

The error is saying that other packages have been installed on the system. What are the names of such packages? How can I find them? This is a brand new installation. I mean I installed windows and then hpc pack. No other software has been installed yet.

Thursday, July 6, 2017 5:55 AM
  • Please help since I have stuck at the very first step of hpc pack!

Why I can not install service fabric? How can I dig more?

Friday, July 7, 2017 7:01 AM
  • Hi, 

I found following information in a other thread, for me it helped:

the reason is that assembly or its dependencies are blocked. The workaround ist to try the below Powershell commands with administator's privileges to create the Service Fabric Cluster manually, and then re-run the HPC-Setup. The <setup log folder> is the folder where ServiceFabricCluster.err locates.

in admin powershell type

cd C:\Users\admin.nikero\Downloads\HPC Pack 2016\ServiceFabric;

Get-ChildItem -Recurse -File | Unblock-File;

.\CreateServiceFabricCluster.ps1 -ClusterConfigFilePath "<setup log folder>\ServiceFabricConfig_0.json" -AcceptEULA

Monday, July 10, 2017 3:51 PM
  • I got this error and it is complaining that there is no New-ServiceFabricCluster command. I searched for that in the HPC pack folder and actually there is no such file.

PS E:\Downloads\HPC Pack 2016\ServiceFabric> Get-ChildItem -Recurse -File | Unblock-File

PS E:\Downloads\HPC Pack 2016\ServiceFabric> .\CreateServiceFabricCluster.ps1 -ClusterConfigFilePath "C:\Windows\Temp\HPCSetupLogs\HPCSetupLogs-20170712-071339\ServiceFabricConfig_0.json" -AcceptEULA
    Create Cluster failed with exception: System.Management.Automation.CommandNotFoundException: The term 'New-ServiceFabricClus
    ter' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name,
    or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
       at System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception excepti
    on)
       at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
       at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
       at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.EnterTryCatchFinallyInstruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
    Powershell : Import-Module : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///E:\Downloads\HPC Pack
    At E:\Downloads\HPC Pack 2016\ServiceFabric\CreateServiceFabricCluster.ps1:80 char:1
    + Powershell -Command {
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (Import-Module :...ads\HPC Pack
    :String) [], RemoteException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

Powershell : 2016\ServiceFabric\DeploymentComponents\Microsoft.ServiceFabric.Powershell.dll' or one of its dependencies.
    Operation
    At E:\Downloads\HPC Pack 2016\ServiceFabric\CreateServiceFabricCluster.ps1:80 char:1
    + Powershell -Command {
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (2016\ServiceFab...s. Operation

Powershell : is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    + Powershell -Command {
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (is not supporte...: 0x80131515)

Powershell : At line:23 char:5
    + Powershell -Command {
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (At line:23 char:5

Powershell : +     Import-Module $ServiceFabricPowershellModulePath
    + Powershell -Command {
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (+     Import-Mo...ellModulePath

Powershell : +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + Powershell -Command {
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (+     ~~~~~~~~~...~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Powershell :     + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Import-Module], FileLoadException
    + Powershell -Command {
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (    + CategoryI...LoadException

Powershell :     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.FileLoadException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand
    + Powershell -Command {
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (    + FullyQual...ModuleCommand

Powershell :  
    + Powershell -Command {
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (

Create Cluster failed with exception: System.Management.Automation.CommandNotFoundException: The term 'New-ServiceFabricClus
    ter' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name,
    or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
       at System.Management.Automation.ExceptionHandlingOps.CheckActionPreference(FunctionContext funcContext, Exception excepti
    on)
       at System.Management.Automation.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction`2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)

PS E:\Downloads\HPC Pack 2016\ServiceFabric>

• Edited by mahmoodn Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:40 PM
    Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:36 PM
  • The blocked zip file can be unzipped without any problem but the extracted files are also blocked. It is very likely the file Microsoft.ServiceFabric.Powershell.dll' or one of its dependencies are blocked.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 4:54 PM
  • I don't think the problem is related to that because as you can see in mu previous post, I ran

PS E:\Downloads\HPC Pack 2016\ServiceFabric> Get-ChildItem -Recurse -File | Unblock-File

So all files in serviceFabric\ are unblocked. I also move to the parent folder and ran that command again but the results was the same.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 10:04 AM