Deploying Dynamics CRM 4.0 - with BizTalk - Virtual Machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are looking at running a proof of concept implementation of Dynamics CRM (and using BizTalk) to trial data synchronisation with one of our other systems.

I like the concept of the stand alone Dynamics CRM VHD available for download from Microsoft (but the licence has now expired).  We have a MSDN premium susbscription, and can install the required components ourselves.

For the proof of concept we are looking for minimal infrastructure investment (time, server provisioning, AD / Exchange setup).  Ideally, we would like to run this all on 1 VM if possible; so that this development work can be demoed disconnected from the network if necessary.

1. Can we use our MSDN subscription licences and upgrade the Dynamics CRM VHD from Microsoft?
    2. Can we install BizTalk on the same server as Dynamics? -- What are the implications?
    3. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Other thoughts: The BizTalk adaptor was recently updated.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
    or hear me tweet @leontribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, September 18, 2009 2:49 PM
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 10:56 AM
  • Bump...

1. Can we use our MSDN subscription licences and upgrade the Dynamics CRM VHD from Microsoft?
    2. Can we install BizTalk on the same server as Dynamics? -- What are the implications?

Thanks.
    Monday, September 21, 2009 1:11 PM
  • Dave,

I am also trying to do the same POC that you were refering above ( Dynamics CRM and BizTalk ). You might have done this by now. Can u let me know how u accomplished this?

Thanks,

-Prasad

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 8:09 PM
  • Hi Prasad,

Sorry, I didn't pursue it in the end, as our project got the green light, and we implemented n-tier separate server roles/clusters.

Dave

Thursday, June 3, 2010 8:55 AM