none
Custom sync provider RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

when trying to write custom sync provider, i have encountered an error which says:

Microsoft.Synchronization.FrameworkVersionMismatchException: The metadata store cannot be opened because it has been updated by synchronization components that are newer than those installed on this computer.

this the code where i think reflects the exception

if (!File.Exists(_replicaMetadataFile))
                {
                    fields.Add(new FieldSchema(TIMESTAMP_COLUMNNAME, typeof(System.UInt64)));
                    _metadataStore = SqlMetadataStore.CreateStore(_replicaMetadataFile);
                    _crmReplicaMetadata = _metadataStore.InitializeReplicaMetadata(IdFormats, ReplicaId, null, null);
                }
                else
                {

_metadataStore = SqlMetadataStore.OpenStore(_replicaMetadataFile);
                    _crmReplicaMetadata = _metadataStore.GetReplicaMetadata(IdFormats, ReplicaId);
                }

my application is synchronization between sqlexpress provider and custom sync provider.

when i set the idFormats, of the propertyis of sqlSyncProvider is set to "IdFormats.ItemIdFormat.Length = 10240";

when i try to implement this on my custom provider, it throws an exception indication that "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Max length cannot exceed 8000 bytes.
    Parameter name: idFormats"

so i have reduced both sqlSyncProvider IdFormats.ItemIdFormat.Length = 1024

and my custom provider as well.

i don't know if thats related in anyhow but i thought it was important to mention.

thanks !

Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:34 AM