Browse forum users and search in my threads RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team,

First i would like to thank for this forum which brings all the experts in one place. I'm sure this forum helps me to reach there. 

I'm not sure whether these suggestions already given or there is a solution for this.

If so apologize for that.

1. User search gives reply only when the user name matches exactly. I feel this could be much easier. Remembering the full name is very difficult specially all over the world. 

2. When I select my threads and trying to search something its fetching all the threads from the forum. Expecting it should only bring my threads.

Thanks & Regards, Kottees **** Please mark as an answer if it is really helps you.
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 4:36 PM

Answers

• 1. User search gives reply only when the user name matches exactly.

Append an asterisk.   E.g. search for  imko*

2. When I select my threads and trying to search something its fetching all the threads from the forum. Expecting it should only bring my threads.

Notice the filter being applied in that search box.   It has little to do with the view that you are in.   For more precise filtering you could try using a Microsoft TechNet search in conjunction with the meta terms given here

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/436c0821-e7a7-4ba6-8a0a-b34b0ec37ba6/

So then a template for your searches would be

meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadStarterUserName(imkottees)

It would be nice if they made that technique more reliable, more complete and more usable.   <eg>

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:36 PM

All replies

• 1. User search gives reply only when the user name matches exactly.

Append an asterisk.   E.g. search for  imko*

Notice the filter being applied in that search box.   It has little to do with the view that you are in.   For more precise filtering you could try using a Microsoft TechNet search in conjunction with the meta terms given here

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/436c0821-e7a7-4ba6-8a0a-b34b0ec37ba6/

So then a template for your searches would be

meta:Search.MSForums.ThreadStarterUserName(imkottees)

It would be nice if they made that technique more reliable, more complete and more usable.   <eg>

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:36 PM
  • Hello Rob,

Thank you so much it explains me well. Have a good day:-) 

Kottees : My Blog : Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you.
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:21 PM